paypal is oki with me for last year., but i have heard bad stories about them.

Here is the deal. paypol is old and with old customs. Hackers already know their way into its system so I think it's safer to choose other payment service. There are more than 100 payment service (I think :?: ), but everyone knows the top 5 so ... choose one of those 5 according to your needs. Good luck.

On a rather different note. I've heard some rumors saying that ikobo has resolved their MasterCard problems and are now able to process them for merchant accounts as well. I was wondering if anyone could confirm this?

Well, there's a module to provide such integration. I myself haven't tried it so far, but I know for a fact that it works and others are using it. You can find it here . Let me know if this helps you.

Thank you. I have visited the link. That is what I want. I will test the module at once.:D

Thank you. I have visited the link. That is what I want. I will test the module at once.:D

Great. Their are several Mastercard holders make purchases on my e-store and I have not recieved any complaints. It seemes that Ikobo has solved the problem of processing Mastercard.

Well, apparently now they're having some more problems with MasterCard. I guess they're experiencing some sort of "growing pains". I just hope they'll grow up real fast and all of this issues will become a thing of the past. I'm sticking with them to see that become a reality!

Well, apparently now they're having some more problems with MasterCard. I guess they're experiencing some sort of "growing pains". I just hope they'll grow up real fast and all of this issues will become a thing of the past. I'm sticking with them to see that become a reality!

yes. I believe that Ikobo will solve it soon.

paypal is decent but good luck getting your money back if you get ripped off from someone who you pay via paypal
2-3% is not bad at all this is right in line with what you would expect to pay if you got a merchant account and accepted visa/mastercards directly (aka there discount fee)

paypal is decent but good luck getting your money back if you get ripped off from someone who you pay via paypal
2-3% is not bad at all this is right in line with what you would expect to pay if you got a merchant account and accepted visa/mastercards directly (aka there discount fee)

To be on the safe side, I will choose a safe payment provider. Do you guys know the IP management service of Ikobo. You can offer several Ip addresses which you offen used to access your Ikobo account. Then any requests of accessing your Ikobo acount through other Ip addresses will be denied. This feature can make your ikobo account more secure.

Great. I have enabled the Ip management service of my account. I think my account will be more secure now.;)

If you ever find an alternative to Pay Pal, pls. let me know Dani. I will never touch them after having my money frozen by them & coutnless other people have had that experience too.

See www.paypalsucks.com

Have a great wknd. :)

Michelle

You are perfectly right. I saw lots of people complaining about this issue and paypal still does nothing about this. The fact that they are older in this business makes them behave like that, but IMHO they will regret this because companies like 2co, ikobo or MB come strong from behind and sooner than we expect we may have an entirely different top online payment companies list.

Hello! It would be interesting to know which of the companies listed in this thread is making the improvements of it’s service. It seems naturally to me that a starting up company can’t provide service comparable with one that older companies offer. So, I would prefer a growing company constantly making improvements and implementing new features.

If you ever find an alternative to Pay Pal, pls. let me know Dani. I will never touch them after having my money frozen by them & coutnless other people have had that experience too.

See www.paypalsucks.com

Have a great wknd. :)

Michelle

I am one of those people Michelle. :cry:
I joined ikobo at their beginnnings and I don't think that I made a mistake. They fought for their share of the market and now I have a lot more customers than I had last year. Also, another alternative to paypal would be worldpay but your business must be a big one because they are very expensive.

Hello, Alan. Will you tell me why did you decide to stop with ikobo? Did you try any services before joining ikobo? Actually I wanted to stop with PayPal but it’s country coverage is really too small. That is why I chose ikobo as an alternative with its low fees and rather wide country coverage.

Hey Google is gonna launch a new payment system. Greenzap is a new paypal's competitor.

Yeh & Greenzap seems to be a scam from what my VA read.

I found one that's going to launch soon & you can pay worldwide w/ high risk accts. too.

If anyone wants me to let them know when, just PM me.

Thanks

Michelle

I've been using www.StormPay.com for over 2 years without any problems. Fees are a little high but I just build the fees into my prices like you'd do with any expense. StormPay seems to accept more of the higher risk stuff so I suppose their fees are probably based on that.

I sell digital products/downloads and StormPay is great because they are available to more countries than PayPal. Support is better too. If I contact them I usually get a reply same day.

I was going to go with Storm Pay at one point, but then there was a problem & I can't remember what it is now. Oh now I remember. I needed it to pay people overseas & there was no way my web designer was going to pay $25 just to accept $85. LOL, so I don't go w/ them in the end.

They also have a bad rap from others.

I'm glad you have been doing well with it though :)

Michelle

I've been using www.StormPay.com for over 2 years without any problems. Fees are a little high but I just build the fees into my prices like you'd do with any expense. StormPay seems to accept more of the higher risk stuff so I suppose their fees are probably based on that.

I sell digital products/downloads and StormPay is great because they are available to more countries than PayPal. Support is better too. If I contact them I usually get a reply same day.

What happened to that post about paystat? Was it deleted?

It looks like a shopping mall, not a alternative payment source.

Am I mistaken?

Thanks

Michelle

I was going to go with Storm Pay at one point, but then there was a problem & I can't remember what it is now. Oh now I remember. I needed it to pay people overseas & there was no way my web designer was going to pay $25 just to accept $85. LOL, so I don't go w/ them in the end.

They also have a bad rap from others.

I'm glad you have been doing well with it though :)

Michelle

$25 to receive $85?? There fees arent that bad!! LOL The fees are 6.9% and 69 cents per transaction.

They are if you live overseas & have to withdraw the money, which clearly most people wish to do.

If you are in the States, that's one thing, but this world doesn't only revolve around the States contrary to what some people think LOL

Michelle

StormPay.com has now added "StormClix". It's a paid to click program where StormPay will pay you into your StormPay account everyday for the ads you click. The ads you get paid for clicking range from 1 cent to $5. Pretty cool way to pick up some extra cash and it doesnt cost anything.

Also, if you are an advertiser, you can advertise there for as little as $1 and get some AMAZING traffic to your site. StormPay's traffic ranking is up there pretty good at Alexa. If you look at their daily rankings they are almost competing head to head with PayPal. No other payment provider is putting up the kind of stats that StormPay and PayPal are.

My thoughts are that in the payment processing industry that customers want to go with name recognition for security reasons. PayPal and StormPay seem to be it for the credit card processing.

Never use paypal for escrow or they will screw your account when its full of money. Yesterday i got email from them saying my account is limited and locked as i use escrow at my website. Now they are asking all proofs and documents. They were sleeping form last 3 years now just when i have some money in my account they blocked it.

THis is not first time i have stuck with paypal.com they have done same with me fore as well. I was forced to go to Police and Govt of sangapore to get my money back and finally got it. But these days all prefer paypal so we cant stay away from it but its very very risky to work with paypal unless we have some other company offering same service and its reliable.

Does Paypal provide an Escrow facility so that the deposit can be paid back after the transaction? I looked on the website and the closest thing I could find to this is the Refund feature.
If I want to build a deposit facility on my website, do you guys have any advice as to whether I have to go through Paypal or a third party? I am looking to hold the deposits rather than let Paypal hold them, but I don't know what the implications are and I am trying to research now.
Alternatively, perhaps the deposit could go through Paypal to me, and when the transaction is done I can "refund" the deposit back? Paypal site says that fees will also be refunded, but if this "refunding" takes place for every transaction, then I don't think Paypal's feature would be the solution.
Any ideas?

Never use paypal for escrow or they will screw your account when its full of money. Yesterday i got email from them saying my account is limited and locked as i use escrow at my website. Now they are asking all proofs and documents. They were sleeping form last 3 years now just when i have some money in my account they blocked it.

THis is not first time i have stuck with paypal.com they have done same with me fore as well. I was forced to go to Police and Govt of sangapore to get my money back and finally got it. But these days all prefer paypal so we cant stay away from it but its very very risky to work with paypal unless we have some other company offering same service and its reliable.

hmm... in that case what other options does one have for escrow? if i use another third party, then i will have to pay Paypal once and the Escrow again. I guess I can "refund" the deposit if I collect it together with the payment as a full fee.
and where is the Escrow on Paypal's website? I don't see it...

einfoway I just PMed you a Pay Pal alternative.

I would place it here, but don't want to be accused of spam.

Pay Pal sucks, everyone knows that. I've been waiting for a company to come around & shoot them out of the water.

Pay Pal stole from me years ago & also blocked my acct. & listened to the fraudulent customer. Back then they wouldn't even take my evidence saying it was a non tangible item, so it didn't matter.

This company is still small, but we need to support them so they become larger & offer the speed PP does. If everyone keeps refusing to sign up (it's illogical for someone not to unless they are just lazy), then of course they will always remain small & not go anywhere.

They have a high level acct. that won't allow chargebacks unless the transaction was made fraudulently by someone who used a fraudulent bank account.

As for Escrow, I've been looking for an escrow service for about 2 yrs. now.

escrow.com sucks.

They won't allow anything to do w/ something that is intangible.

I had one guy over there who said they could do it, but it didn't sound like they'd protect either party if there was a dispute & that's the only reason I need escrow in the first place.

This is a HUGE problem when it comes to entrepreneurs who hire ICs online to do large projects, like I have to eventually hire an editor & DTPer to redo my book.

I also have to hire programmers to do work & I've had enough problems already to last me a lifetime, plus heard enough horror stories from others, that I refuse to give anyone 50% upfront b4 I've seen quality work that is accordance to what was discussed for the project.

What do you guys need Escrow for?

TTYL :)

Michelle

What do you guys need Escrow for?

TTYL :)

Michelle

We have a website http://www.bidfreelancers.com in which any one can post projects and freelancers bid on projects. We escrow money from buyers so freelancers are safe when work is done and buyers are safe in case their is any dispute. We want a fair and we handle all escrow we just need a payments gateway. We used paypal just to take and pay $$. Pay[pal does not have its own escrow i dont know why t hey dont want to all us ??? They really suck.

Though we are in morden age we don't have freedom and way to send and receive money freely from one country to other this is very said.

Yes, it is very sad.

It's ridiculous actually.

The net has been around publicly since around '94/'95.

That's 12 years now & people still don't take the net seriously, banks still treat online businesses like crap & there's still no safeguards in place for companies & professionals.

I've seen your site before, although I don't think I've ever used it.

I use Guru & I need professional respectful intelligent ICs to join my team which I find really hard to find.

How does Guru & Elance manage their Escrow area?

I also would never pay an IC or anyone via PP & many ICs refuse to accept any other form of payment which right there is VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

I actually have more respect for an IC when they have their own merchant account or use 2CO or Worldpay.

Michelle

We have a website http://www.bidfreelancers.com in which any one can post projects and freelancers bid on projects. We escrow money from buyers so freelancers are safe when work is done and buyers are safe in case their is any dispute. We want a fair and we handle all escrow we just need a payments gateway. We used paypal just to take and pay $$. Pay[pal does not have its own escrow i dont know why t hey dont want to all us ??? They really suck.

Though we are in morden age we don't have freedom and way to send and receive money freely from one country to other this is very said.

What you mean by IC?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.