Hi everybody,

Is there any blueprint or howto, or literature on this? I'm talking about online advertising.

Also all your suggestions and experiences are welcome. What you like or don't like in work with agencies you work with etc.

If I make something awesome I'll for sure invite ya!

:)

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

I believe each person starts a business a different way. Each agency would have a different belief and a different type of client.

You're going to have to develop connections with the target industry you plan on reprsenting. Most advertisers are in niche markets where entry is almost impossible because of the closed nature of their association with one another. As long as you have one company to advertise for, then you can use it as a case study to get more clients. Of course, there is going to be a lot of proposing you'll have to do to the companies respective marketing departments.

Another angle is to consider some cutting edge strategy like search retargeting, which is getting a lot of attention but few people actually know much about. It's easier to step in as an expert in a new channel vs. competing with established agencies & brands. Showing success with small clientele can give you the leverage & credibility to land a bigger one.

1.Learn advertising. Take copywriting and graphic artist courses at a local college. Your instructors will give you projects, then provide you with feedback. Save the finished product for your portfolio. Volunteer your new advertising and graphic art skills at a local church and non profit organization. Save copies of your work as part of your portfolio.

2.Follow your studies up by reading Claude C. Hopkins "My life in Advertising" and "Scientific Advertising."

3.Prepare a resume listing your schools and experiences. Make a hardcopy of your portfolio. List copies of your advertising and graphic art work. Submit a resume, cover letter and a few samples to an advertising agency.

4.Gain experience working at the advertising agency. Do work involving both copywriting and graphic art. Work in the accounting department. Future prospects could turn you down if you don't have experience.

5.Determine if you're going to be a freelance advertising agency or one that works from an office building. Obtain a business license in either case. If you're going to work out of an office, get building, fire and safety inspections. Your location is very important. Pick a location that offers exposure to potential business customers.

6.Come up with a business and marketing plan. Use your copywriting and graphic artist skills to market your service.

and don't forget about budget of the project

The ad agency is worked mainly through good contacts. You must adjust yourself in market with good techniques.

Find your own natural strength, it will be a benefit that companies need that other agencies cannot provide or don’t provide.

Do you homework right away! Research the needs of the businesses you want to target and determine how you are able to better meet them their current marketing partners.

I thankful to all guys for providing such a good information that how we can start ad posting business.

I shall appreciate if someone please elaborate about Google advertisement..that How can we start our own PPC business and what are the steps required at the initial stage.

Regards
Jaspal

How does it differ if the platform for the ad agency becomes "online" ?

Hi
I would recommend you spend time to read extensively in this particular area and keep checking what new out there, because it keeps changing.
The book below would help you so much

[Understanding Digital Marketing: Marketing Strategies for Engaging the Digital Generation
Damian Ryan

eMarketing eXcellence: Planning and optimising your digital marketing (Emarketing Essentials)
Dave Chaffey

Internet Marketing: Strategy, Implementation and Practice (Financial Times (Prentice Hall))
Dave Chaffey Fiona Ellis-Chadwick, Mr Kevin Johnston , Richard Mayer

I thankful to all guys for providing such a good information that how we can start ad posting business.

I shall appreciate if someone please elaborate about Google advertisement..that How can we start our own PPC business and what are the steps required at the initial stage.

Regards
Jaspal

I'm not recommending maxcpm.com but you could review what they have.

Every person starts business in different way. SO it increases the methods of business.

commented: What? This doesn't even make any sense. -4
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.