Hey guys I need to send out a mailshot to my 10,000 members and my host has freaked out on me because of server overload.

My question is do you guys know of a trusted service that will do this for me, of course paid.

Thanks in advance
JohnT

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hey guys I need to send out a mailshot to my 10,000 members and my host has freaked out on me because of server overload.

My question is do you guys know of a trusted service that will do this for me, of course paid.

Thanks in advance
JohnT

Quite honestly... its time for a new host. 10K is not even alot. I own a webhosting company and would not have a problem sending that out.

My only requirment is that the emails going out were ICANN compliant with the CAN SPAM act etc etc.

But for a host to complain about those mails is imply insane... Its not like your spamming.. these are your members...

What hosting provider is this if you don't mind me asking?

You can try to:
1. Increase the pause between the letters
2. Send them at night or early mourning - when the webserver load is not heavy.

What hosting provider is this if you don't mind me asking?

No site specific talk is permitted in this particular forum. Please ask questions like this via PM. Thanks!

well the best way i would say is shop around the big name companies and ask if they will permit such actions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.