what is the best way to retain a visitor on website. any tips?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

1.Photos 2. Good Graphics 3. Fast page loading

I read a few blogs daily, and a few dozen weekly.
I favor websites and blogs that have interesting photos, easy on the eye graphics,and a fast page loading speed. If all those are a plus, then I will spend more time looking around what is on the first page.

Fast page loading and very easy, clear navigation.

Don't forget about the good content.

Don't forget about the good content.

Absolutely! Give me something engaging to read, and I'll stick around. So it's important to have catchy, interesting headlines, along with those good visuals and navigation.

Content...it matters the most...You have good content people will stay around...I run a website where the average stay time of user is 13 minutes (At least that is what my Google Analytics account shows)

100% users will stick to your website if it has something new or good to read on each visit. But if you have a website with good content and it loads slower they will not wait till it loads and you will loose them. So make your website load time as mush less as possible. Clear navigation is another big thing to make your visitors comfortable enough to brows through your website. Now it comes the graphics and design, you may have visited google webmaster central blog or matt cutts blog there is no design but they have millions of visitors daily and all who visit once must visit it again and again.

So

1: Page Load time
2: Good Content (for the purpose of targeted visitors)
3: Clean navigation
4: Clean design (if it is required for your targeted visitors)

regards
zabalex

Well it depends on about your content and the added presentation and navigation will turn towards your blog.

100% users will stick to your website if it has something new or good to read on each visit. But if you have a website with good content and it loads slower they will not wait till it loads and you will loose them. So make your website load time as mush less as possible. Clear navigation is another big thing to make your visitors comfortable enough to brows through your website. Now it comes the graphics and design, you may have visited google webmaster central blog or matt cutts blog there is no design but they have millions of visitors daily and all who visit once must visit it again and again.

So

1: Page Load time
2: Good Content (for the purpose of targeted visitors)
3: Clean navigation
4: Clean design (if it is required for your targeted visitors)

regards
zabalex

I think you have a little over emphasised the importance of page speed. The average load time of mashable is 6.1 seconds, but still it is a site which gets one of the largest no. of unique visitors monthly.

Content overrides everything. Well starting till u make a brand name, you need all these things what you mentioned. But Page load time can increase once you start loading social widgets on your website.

Unique, updated & useful information.....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.