Which are the free open source software for e- commerce? Anyone using zencart?

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

I've heard of Zencart but no experience. Currently dabbling with Shopify.

prestashop is best 1st awward in open source coding and 3rd is open cart i forget which is 2nd :P

There are many free open source software available like: Joomla,magento,wordpress,cake and opencart .Its totally depend on you which one you will prefer.

Magento is the hot topic of the year for open source ecommerce but I hear either extremely good or extremely bad things about it. I think if you have the money and can pay for a dedicated server and someone to set it up for you and manage it then it can be a great piece of software but its very complicated.

I hear good things about prestashop,zencart, lemon stand etc. Stay away from oscommerce and mals they are both really old and outdated.

There are many open source software's available for E-Commerce Like: Joomla,Magento,Opencart,zencart etc. but in Joomla, "VirtueMart" Component is easy & strong shopping cart. with the help of VirtueMart, you can create your E-Commerce website more user friendly.

I had thought previous to this thread that open cart was the best but more and more this year Magento has been popping up at many different places. I guess it depends on the level of program that you need. I always suggest that you start with something easier and then when you decide what you need or what is missing from the cart you are currently using then you can explore another one.

No I am not using Zen Cart for eCommerce development, but I prefer Magento platform because its an open source free CMS platform and I most like to use this platform.

No I am not using Zen Cart for eCommerce development, but I prefer Magento platform because its an open source free CMS platform and I most like to use this platform.

Am also stuck on which one to use,but i have come across video tutorials for wordpress and am willing to go through them and get to know it,may be use it after knowing how it works..can i go ahead,anybody who have used it.How did you find it?..WORDPRESS???

commented: I have a wordpress website MonCorp.biz and it works just fine. Though feutures compared to other ecommerce system are limited and plugin dependent. +0

Some of the open source are WordPress, Joomla, Typo3, ModxCMS and Drupal.Check this out!!

I have successful experience with Magento. It’s easy to use and most of ecommerce owner give positive review on Magento.
Cheers….

The best E-commerce CMS is Magento and Joomla.Other good one's are Wordpress,WebMatrix,Open Cart.

prestashop is better choice don't know more in this regard..

Zen Cart is the best one but as per my opinion, Magento is more powerful than Zen Cart. I like Magento as a eCommerce website free open source software.

Zencart, opencart, magento, oscommerce and many more. I think zencart is quiet easy to use.

I used Magento and Joomla.

There are many free open source software for e-commerce like:-
-OpenCart
-Magento
-PrestaShop
-VirtualMart
-ZenCart
But I have only used PrestaShop and I think it is easy and the best.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.