Hello

I want to build a simple site that users cant post their stuff to rent, is there any good systems that I can buy and then customize ?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

I want to build a simple site that users cant post their stuff to rent, is there any good systems that I can buy and then customize ?

It's a called a platform or framework.

You need to create a webpages around platform or framework.

What language are you familiar with? PHP/MYSQL/jQuery? ASP.net/MYSQL/jQuery? or other?

There are templates which you can buy but if you want to create a webpage on your own you can.

Then you need to connect the webpage code to the platform or framework that you are using in order to work.

Is this similiar to E-bay?

Hi....
Try take a look this site, and choose your prefered CMS site to customized.. Have a nice day.. :)

It's a called a platform or framework.

You need to create a webpages around platform or framework.

What language are you familiar with? PHP/MYSQL/jQuery? ASP.net/MYSQL/jQuery? or other?

There are templates which you can buy but if you want to create a webpage on your own you can.

Then you need to connect the webpage code to the platform or framework that you are using in order to work.

Is this similiar to E-bay?

Sorry, english is like my 3rd language. Yes I want kind of an e-commerce platform or framework. I know about existing websites templates, but I dont seem to find any platform that can manage peer-to-peer rentals.

For example : zipcar

I dont mind the technology, because I am willing to buy anything that offers what I want. I want the basics to be well programmed.

I have browsed on many sites like zencart and e-commerce is more about for compagnies who uses the platform to sell products, yet it is not designed to post and organise user to user rental, or sharing.

Thanks

Yes I want kind of an e-commerce platform or framework. I know about existing websites templates, but I dont seem to find any platform that can manage peer-to-peer rentals.:

zipcar - their website is using Drupal.

I'm not sure if zipcar is consisted as a e-comm website.

It's more leaning towards as a basic website that is displaying info from the database.

Kinda like craiglist.

I have browsed on many sites like zencart and e-commerce is more about for compagnies who uses the platform to sell products, yet it is not designed to post and organise user to user rental, or sharing.

You can used CMS like Wordpress, Drupal or Joomla or others to do that.

You can also used framework which is from scratch meaning you can create customized code for your own website.

You say you want to take an existing platform and modify it, but you haven't really given any details as to what language you want the existing platform coded in. For example, I'm a PHP developer, and so I can take an existing PHP script and tweak it to my needs. But I wouldn't know the first thing to do with a Java or .NET application.

On the other hand, if you don't have the development skills, you're going to need something straight out of the box with all the functionality you need, and just the ability to customize it. Is this what you mean?? If so, it's still important what language because it's not so easy to run .NET on a Linux server, etc. Do you have a language preference?

I dont call myself a php developer, but I think there is more open php platforms, than ASP.NET. I have a asp.net server and a php server so this is not a problem. I am more an asp.net dev.

It depends on what the suggestions are, I am trying to find a platform that have all the "basic" features at least. If the feature dont exist, I will code it, but if its already implemented, I dont see why I would bother to code a "worse" version.

I am really interested to find a user-to-user booking system, a kind of classfieds system but that let people rent their car, house, boat,...

Thanks for the insights

I am really interested to find a user-to-user booking system, a kind of classfieds system but that let people rent their car, house, boat,...

I mean you can try these scripts:

This is freeware

http://osclass.org/

This is shareware

http://open-classifieds.com/

I think both them are PHP.

You can used PHP framework kinda like what Dani did for Daniweb. It's on Codeigniter framework and she also did the design too.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.