Facebook is useful or not?

Regards

Recommended Answers

All 25 Replies

Facebook is useful or not?

Regards

In what context? General usage? As a marketing platform? For sales?

depends on what you want to use it for.
if you want to use it to stay in contact with people who live far away, sure, it's useful.
if you want to use it to order groceries, it's not.

facebook has people so marketing is also about getting to where people are so as a result facebook is an important part of any marketing strategy

Obvously its useful, depends how you use it.

Facebook is one of the best social networking sites. It depends upon you that how do you want to use it like as a marketing tool, for general purpose etc.

hi .. in my opinion facebook is useful to get niche network. as compair to other social channel facebook serve more user. most of facebook users are students and college people.so this is good platform if your target audience are young age people.

Hello facebook is most important becuase facebok using million of people and we can get meet new people.

It depends who is going to use Facebook. For the internet marketers, Facebook is ver essential tool but at the same time Facebook is a decease for a student of 10th standard or may be for all standards. So, it depends who is going to use it and how long he/she will use Facebook

I find it useful to connect with my friends and sometimes promote projects. I don't rely on it too much, though, I'd rather build relationships outside it.

What is your purpose of using Facebook?

Facebook is most important for Recreation or business promotion.

It is always useful.It is the biggest community on online.

facebook is used very widly . many of the marketers add on the facebook pages , facebook users keep login more and more . In this way many of the frinds meet on the same platfrom .

If you are asking if it is useful for marketing? Yes, it is. It's after twitter the best place to promote or marketing anything.

Anyways, in future, ask specific questions please :)

Since this thread was brought back from the dead; I have a question if any of these users are still active. How did your facebook campaigns go for you?

All of you seem very much pro-facebook (rightfully so with it being so large with such endless possibilities); but I really need to ask how many of you have actually had success with converting your likes into paying customers? How much of your content has went viral? How many of you were so disappointed that your target niche weren't biting that you ended up having to do FB's PPC to get the users from FB to your actual site? Have you come to realize how limited the organic reach of your FB page's posts are?

I'd almost be willing to bet that 10% of the people who responded originally to this post had anywhere near the results they claimed the original poster would have with Facebook.

I dunno maybe your target demographic was found on Facebook and maybe you've done amazing; but it would be interesting to hear after 4 months where you guys have gotten too.

Yimmy Geni: even though I agree with your post (if you intend to use facebook to make friends, it is certainly useful if it works, which it seems to do for you), just out of curiosity:

for which 'level' of friendship are you looking ?
most friendships that start on facebook, though they can be worth it, I'm not debating that, remain superficial, so are they actually the type of friendships you were looking for ?

Ok so again what benefit has it brought you guys from an SEO standpoint? Every professional I have talked to that used to swear by facebook for SEO purposes and for brand awareness have done alot of complaining that facebook has next to no organic reach. I have even noticed quite a drastic reduction in the potential for organic reach and its why I barely use it anymore because 80% you can't get paying customers from it (I'm talking in the B2B marketspace and non-profit) - so give me your stats; how effective of a tool has facebook been aside from using FB ppc?

You can include a link to your website on your Facebook page. Indeed, many businesses report that the greatest benefit of Facebook is the extra traffic that it steers to their site. Visitors who come to the website can be exposed to stronger marketing messages and, often, the option of buying goods and services.

Customers who come to your website from Facebook are likely to be more receptive than the average visitor, because they already know something about your business and were motivated to click the website link.

Depends on what you want it to be useful for, if you're thinking of promoting your business, yes, it's a great idea. If you're thiking of interacting with long lost friends, it will also work :)

Social Media Marketing is one of the best form of Online Marketing - and Facebook is the mostly used Social Media Platform with over 1.35 billion monthly active users - with this being said, I conclude that Facebook is an effective Marketing strategy for your business.

I think facebook is useful, you can create small groups and share your thoughts.You can also find job and new employees too. Better way to promote blog.

According to my mind every social media sites is useful but need to know much about this. How to use this or guidance properly.

It's depend on what do you want to do with Facebook. Just using it as social website or marketing for something else ?

Facebook is A plus. It is easy to move around and target your customer base. You need to focus on building relations. This is easy and a great deal less time consuming than SEO

It depends on how many likes you have and how many of the people who follow you are able to see that stuff you post. It also depends a whole LOT on the response you get from them in the way of shares, comments, etc.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.