I would like to ask the members here what they beleive is the best all-around shopping cart plugin for use on WordPress.
I have used Cart66, WooCommerce, JigoShop but would like to know which one you prefer and are they easy enough for a non-tech (Site Owner) to use?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I think woocommerce is good.

I agree Woocommerce is a good pluging, nice dashboard and reports and it is extendable. It is a solid 4 star plugin.

WooCommerce is much better !!

From my experience , Magento, Prestashop & OpenKart lot of server and needs to be run on a VPS or a dedicated server. If you’re going to have hundred/thousands of products, than PrestaShop is good option. Otherwise Magento is great option and you can easily export your shopping cart (database) if you ever outgrow it.

I'm going to have to agree with ResourcePool; we tend to migrate people to Magento. It has a decently steep learning curve but the amount of flexibility it has and the needs it fullfills for small business make it an almost go-to solution. Heck theres a reason 1 in 5 e-commerce sites are said to use it.

Presta is a good alternative but you need to be at the point where you require it. If you are starting out Prestashop is a bit of overkill.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.