What is PR6 or PR7 and how it works?

Recommended Answers

All 25 Replies

Google PageRank is Google's internal algorithm to determine how our pages rank in their search engine. Every so often, Google throws us webmasters a bone, so to speak, and gives us a very general estimation of some out of date pagerank data about our websites. This information can be found by using the Google toolbar for internet explorer, where it will show a display that ranks every page from 0 to 10, PR 0 to 10. Essentially, it's a very rough estimate of how many other sites link to a particular webpage (how many backlinks the page has). Generally, up to PR 4 is relatively easy to achieve. PR 6 and especially PR 7 are highly desired. PR 8 and 9 are reserved for only the best of the best sites on the entire Internet. And I think there are only a handful of PR 10s out there.

so how do we get to be pr6? do we have to be linked to some website already pr6? is there a secret?

The very simple answer = Get other high PR sites to link to you.

The very simple answer = Get other high PR sites to link to you.

thanks

You're welcome. What's most important though, is don't focus too much on your pagerank or search engine optimization, instead of actually caring about your site visitors and growing your website. A lot of people get so overwhelmed with search engine rankings they forget about what really matters :)

Yeh it's hard to forgot that it's not just about google page ranks.
Try and build up your community and the page ranks with sort themselves out, hopefully ;)

At the risk of giving you the impression that I'm just chasing you around saying "yes, I agree" to all of your posts ... yes, I agree. :)

It's very hard to achieve PR > 5. Your site needs to be exceptionally well networked to get a higher page rank than 5. I would say 5 is a pretty decent rank and you'll get lots of keywords anyway. So don't focus on the PR value but rather try and analyze what keywords link to your site.

My blog is PR 5 but my main forum is only PR 4. I get plenty of backlinks though.

hi I am looking to buy high Pr Links for our website , doe any one has like a good pr 7 OR 8 ?

thnaks

It's important to make sure you don't fall into the SEO trap of just looking at your SEO rankings to gauge your success. If you have the rest right, that will come.

It's important to make sure you don't fall into the SEO trap of just looking at your SEO rankings to gauge your success. If you have the rest right, that will come.

This is very good advice. I can say I fell into the SEO trap and lost track of what was really important and that is good content. Now I am working to make up for loss time and to improve the quality of links to my biggest forum. My two newest forums are doing better than my biggest forum in Google referrals.

Live and learn. Experience is the best teacher IMO.

Thnaks for the info on the PR rankings. I think that google needs to change their system or perhaps incorporate website visitors more. Our site gets 150,000 uniques per week, and we have a PR4. We see other sites built by SEOs with no traffic and they get a PR5 and outrank us!

The idea behind Google's pagerank system is that if a site has very good quality content, other sites will want to link to that page. En masse, it makes sense that pages that have the most informative content out there will be linked to by the greatest number of blogs, in forum posts, in various other articles, etc. Sites that generate a lot of traffic might simply spend more on advertising without having any better content.

An Alternative way to PR is Email Marketing. Get public to access to your site frequently. It increases your PR dramatically as well. For me, I get a Bulk Email List. You many check-out if the list is still there at http://www.etamogatasi.net/dbcontacts

Google PageRank is Google's internal algorithm to determine how our pages rank in their search engine. Every so often, Google throws us webmasters a bone, so to speak, and gives us a very general estimation of some out of date pagerank data about our websites. This information can be found by using the Google toolbar for internet explorer, where it will show a display that ranks every page from 0 to 10, PR 0 to 10. Essentially, it's a very rough estimate of how many other sites link to a particular webpage (how many backlinks the page has). Generally, up to PR 4 is relatively easy to achieve. PR 6 and especially PR 7 are highly desired. PR 8 and 9 are reserved for only the best of the best sites on the entire Internet. And I think there are only a handful of PR 10s out there.

The PR ranks only apply to a webpage. I have a checker tool and daniweb.com is PR6. Daniweb.com/forums is PR6. This page that this thread is on is PR1. Now PR10 means that you cannot get higher. If you go to the top websites out there (this refers to home page) like Yahoo, MSN, Amazon.com and Twitter you find that they are PR9 except msn is PR8. So the only PR10 that I could ever find was Google.com. But it appears that there is another PR10 page now. That is Facebook with 500 million users. Digg.com is only PR8. Webmd.com is only PR8 but they get a million visitors a day.

Here is the link to the checker tool. http://www.prchecker.info If you have a PR4 webpage and get lots of links for certain keywords like CANCER CURE, you can come up #1 in a search out of 30 million sites for CANCER CURE beating out pages that have a PR9 rating.

Right now you can get a link to your site/sites from a PR10 site! But like I said the PR only applies to a webpage. So here is Google linking to a few of my sites. Just create a Google profile. http://www.google.com/profiles/ginkgo07 You can go there and get your profile or go to google/profiles to create your profile and put a link on it to your site. My page gives you an idea of what you can put on it.

It is good to have a good PR but I want to say that it is just Google Constraint and getting website in top search result through targeted keywords are more important.

I really would not reccojmend buying any links. You need to build your links slowly over time, buying a bunch of links in one sitting will be a red flag to google. It takes time, but in the end it is very worth it, build your own links.

Hi Guy's

we will submit Page rank 7 or 8 Related website to submit differently we will increase Page rank

Regards
Balu

What is PR6 or PR7 and how it works?

Hi May Inknow about u

The idea behind Google's pagerank system is that if a site has very good quality content, other sites will want to link to that page. En masse, it makes sense that pages that have the most informative content out there will be linked to by the greatest number of blogs, in forum posts, in various other articles, etc. Sites that generate a lot of traffic might simply spend more on advertising without having any better content.

PR is nothing but a page rank, it is given by Google for site depends on site quality, traffic, and back links. PR starts from 1 to 10. Higher PR site will have higher quality.

Its google page rank. importance of your site to google

Try to build your link, not purchase them. If you really want to purchase some, find the sites that related to your sites and ask them if they can sell you a text link.

Member Avatar for Living-seo-life

I know about someone who is thinking about paying $1500 to get a link from a page with PR 9, and thats crazy.

Go steady go easy, it takes time, believe me it does.

Regards

PR 6 and PR 7 are the high page rank sites... and GOSH they really have the power to take your site to the top from no where :)
we all need it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.