Hi All,

Ok, things are moving along, so my hosted SC is no longer able to support my next project.

I have an application I'm going to be building & I need a shopping cart (server side or OS) that will allow me to not only process my transactions, but also my customer's transactions, as they will be selling stuff on their site thru my application.

I hope everyone understood that. I guess it would be similar to what a hosting company would use.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Michelle

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

try to use oscommerce or zencart they are free shopping cart script which you can customize if you know php scripts...

Thanks

Michelle

try to use oscommerce or zencart they are free shopping cart script which you can customize if you know php scripts...

They're actually not very flexible. In fact, they're very difficult to customize.

I find oscommerce is flexible and easy to customize, if you have any problem you can get it sorted out from their knowledge based support, and their developer's community.

well I suggest you to use goldbar.net shopping cart. Their guys will configure shopping cart with your store and take care of each and every thing.

They call it ExpertOne.

One of my site offer shopping cart. But not sure how flexible you want it to be - fully customise is possible to match your site, but the down side is the shopping cart is hosted on my server rather than yours.

Thanks, I think I found a company that will customize their cart with my application when it comes time to do the application.

Have a great night!

Michelle

One of my site offer shopping cart. But not sure how flexible you want it to be - fully customise is possible to match your site, but the down side is the shopping cart is hosted on my server rather than yours.

Check out http://www.zeuscart.com Beside all other features this software is based on PHP Smarty templates, this makes it very flexible, seo friendly and easy to modify.

Better you choose AJ Shopping cart for ecommerce business which has more user friendly facilities and more flexible too.

SNIP

If you want to make your shopping cart flexible then Magento shopping cart would be a great option. And, if you are looking for complete flexible online store check out Magento Development Company which will help you to build up your online store.

Yes, we finally settled on Magento, it's just taking longer than anticipated to get it set up, tested, tweaked, etc.

Thanks

Michelle

Online shoppers commonly use credit card to make payments, however some systems enable users to create accounts and pay by alternative means, such as:

* Debit card
* Various types of electronic money
* Cash on delivery (C.O.D., offered by very few online stores)
* Cheque
* Wire transfer/delivery on payment
* Postal money order
* Reverse SMS billing to mobile phones
* Gift cards
* Direct debit in some countries

Some sites will not allow international credit cards and billing address and shipping address have to be in the same country in which site does its business. Other sites allow customers from anywhere to send gifts anywhere. The financial part of a transaction might be processed in real time (for example, letting the consumer know their credit card was declined before they log off), or might be done later as part of the fulfillment process.

While credit cards are currently the most popular means of paying for online goods and services, alternative online payments will account for 26% of e-commerce volume by 2009 according to Client.

try with this..
Nochex (section On line shopping carts and auctions)

Zen Cart is an online store management system. ...

We needed a SC that allows us to change the banner, address, URLs, etc. for each site & have it all under one roof. Magento was the only one that allowed for that.

Michelle

I too have found Magento shopping cart to be the best and user friendly one

I always, always and always recommend osCommerce as a Web template Designer.

People enjoy osCommerce Carts.
I know it from my daily work life!

You can check for the AJ Shopping Cart Software which is very good to create an online store.

I've just been told about CS-Cart.

Anyone have any dealings with them?

Michelle

hi dude,

I think magento is best..
Magento’s flexibility allows us to modify existing features or add in new ones. Drupal now has an extension for Magento which helps integration of Magento into a Drupal based website. If you are converting from another platform, there are tools which allows you to import products, customers and order information from other carts such as OSCommerce and X-Cart.

thanks...

Is there someone on here that can recommend someone to help us migrate over to Magento?

Michelle

I like CS-Cart. I have been using it for years and it has worked well.

hi,
try magento..
Magento’s flexibility allows us to modify existing features or add in new ones. Drupal now has an extension for Magento which helps integration of Magento into a Drupal based website. If you are converting from another platform, there are tools which allows you to import products, customers and order information from other carts such as OSCommerce and X-Cart.

thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.