Hello,

I'm designing a website for a local theater company. Because this will be their first experience with an online presence, I've also been put in charge of designing, hosting, and maintaining the website.

My first instinct was Yahoo! Small Business or perhaps Geocities, but after visiting their website, I found it cluttered with all sorts of things that are supposed to help beginners design, build, and host their new website.

I'd much rather find a good no-nonsense hosting company that expects me to know what I'm doing, and will leave the designing and other aspects of the project up to me.

Any suggestions as to where I might find a good company like this? All of the pages are pure HTML, so I don't need a lot of hosting space, but the host does need to be able to support a small CGI script (for the online sale of show tickets).

Thanks,

Kyle Wilson

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Do you just want barebones ftp space and a shell?

In other words, do you just want a web hosting company to provide you with FTP access? If so, what are your requirements like ... how much space do you need? How much bandwidth? Do you want a Windows server or a Linux server?

Check out our hosting marketplace => http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/forum154.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.