The topic view on this site is really impressive. I was wondering, how do you do it? I use an IPB2.1.7 forum about Charity and want to do something similar where it looks like bubbles.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I would have thought it was a mixture of css and javascript. I doubt they are actually images (especially the rounded corners). I am sure cscgal will tell you how to do it.

View the source and css file to better get an idea of how it is done.

There are three ways to do this: with CSS and images, with JavaScript and CSS and images, or with the new version of CSS that isn't widely supported yet.

I go the CSS and images route, mostly because I was having a problem getting the JavaScript method to be as cross-browser compatible as I would have liked.

A google search for [search]rounded corners[/search] has a lot of tutorials that will help you.

or with the new version of CSS that isn't widely supported yet.

This looks very promising and I wish it was supported by all the browsers. Would help take a lot of code of a site like this that uses a lot of rounded corners.

There are three ways to do this: with CSS and images, with JavaScript and CSS and images, or with the new version of CSS that isn't widely supported yet.

I go the CSS and images route, mostly because I was having a problem getting the JavaScript method to be as cross-browser compatible as I would have liked.

A google search for [search]rounded corners[/search] has a lot of tutorials that will help you.

wow. thanks. ill try it out.

btw, that search bbcode is really cool. this is probably the most unique forum skin i have ever seen. i didn't even know it was vbulletin till i looked at the copyright. thats impressive.

Thank you :) Just use [search] and [/search] :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.