Hello, wish you all a prosperous 2007.
I ever bought traffics from several web promotion companies but the result was very bad.
For example I ordered 10,000 traffics from << bulk traffic reseller >> in order to promote my website << url snipped >> They were boasting all the traffics were really targeted and will send 10,000 traffics to me within a month. But unfortunately it tooked more than 45 days for me to only receive 2,200 traffics and their campaign finished. It seemed their traffics were from a same frame and just some fake hits. Even no any vistors browse the second page of my website. I will never buy traffics again.

Hope to share your thoughts with you all, thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Unfortunately you learned this the hard way ... but that's basically the gist of it with so-called "bulk traffic reseller" companies.

Hello, wish you all a prosperous 2007.
I ever bought traffics from several web promotion companies but the result was very bad.
For example I ordered 10,000 traffics from << bulk traffic reseller >> in order to promote my website << url snipped >> They were boasting all the traffics were really targeted and will send 10,000 traffics to me within a month. But unfortunately it tooked more than 45 days for me to only receive 2,200 traffics and their campaign finished. It seemed their traffics were from a same frame and just some fake hits. Even no any vistors browse the second page of my website. I will never buy traffics again.

Hope to share your thoughts with you all, thanks.

I have never trusted services that promise X thousands of visitors to a website. Chances are, it would be untargeted traffic anyhow. Besides paying for a few links in high-PR directories, paying for Google or Yahoo search advertising is another way to go. Even then, it would be hard to predict how many hits you would get. (You could set up a limit, but the very first time you set up the account, you would really have no idea how much traffic would be sent your way.).

The other factor to keep in mind is how much income you expect to earn from visitors. If you are paying $0.05 for each visitor, but only expect to earn, say, $0.03 from each visitor, the advertising wouldn't be cost-effective, so there would be no point doing it. In such a case, it would be better to stick to free advertising approaches.

Regards.

David

They were boasting all the traffics were really targeted and will send 10,000 traffics to me within a month.

I've always been a big fan of CPC advertising. For example, I used to use a standard ad network for my online game and pay $0.05 to $0.10 per click. Donations / purchase of VIP materials in game went for anywhere from $5 to $1000 - if someone donates $1000, that's 20000 clicks paid for. The trick is to make it economical and maximise your earnings. If you have a good, profitable site, marketing can come later.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.