Hi,
I've recently started up WebHostingZine.com and have found it quite hard to attract a returning volume of visitors. I'm getting the expected growth of total visitors a day, but with Awstats I've checked and I'm not getting a lot of returns? Do you guys have any suggestions for me as to building a loyal base of returning visitors?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Emphasize that new news is being posted nearly every day. Offer a form of interaction - by means of a forum or even just a way to comment on news articles - because that brings people coming back to see what other visitors have to say, instead of just static content.

Thanks for the tips, I'll be adding on a forum now. I hope it helps :)

Give out an RSS feed, then you will get numerous amounts of people coming to you through other sites :)

That's a great idea, I'm learning how setup a properly formatted feed file, thanks for the tip!

I just got the RSS feed copy/paste code up. If anyone wants daily updated web hosting & tech related news on their site, feel free to paste this on your site:

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://www.webhostingzine.com/instantfeedreader.php"></SCRIPT>

It can be formatted to fit the style of your site with regular <font> <style> and other formatting tags.

Thanks for the tip YoungCoder

First of all - Not being Harsh , Just a Truth - You have entered one of the most comptitive markets. You are competing with Giants like Inet and this will make it very hard for you to make an intial push.

You have to remember that most people would be lazy to revisit your site... You have to give them a really compelling reason to come back. Why don't you plan to have a newsletter section on your site. And Give the webhosts a place to submit their press release on your site and make it visible.

Though the content looks intersting but the navigation is cluttered . Try having more whitespace [ Since clutter surely turns off the visitors... ]

And, All the best in your new venture :D

The web hosting news market is actually quite uncompetitive I found, INet's HostingTech site is a horrible excuse for a news site that's seldom updated. Sure HostingTech gets a fair amount of traffic, but that is only because of WHT linking off to them. Other places out there seem to follow a similar trend of little to no updating. The WHIR is the only quality web hosting news source out there that I've seen, and I have been through quite a few. Even the WHIR takes the weekends off on updating web hosting news ;)

IncognitoNet,
Do not be afraid of the competition, David did slay goliath (allegedly) and a bunch of university undergraduate use IBM as a stepping stone to create one huge monster called Microsoft and as recent as 5 years or so ago another bunch of University student started another monster called Google .

Just keep improving you site and do you best to promote it and keep pulsetoday.com's post so that you can use it to embarrass him in a few year when you site is competing with the market leaders in your field :)

Temi

First of all - Not being Harsh , Just a Truth - You have entered one of the most comptitive markets. You are competing with Giants like Inet and this will make it very hard for you to make an intial push.

You have to remember that most people would be lazy to revisit your site... You have to give them a really compelling reason to come back. Why don't you plan to have a newsletter section on your site. And Give the webhosts a place to submit their press release on your site and make it visible.

Though the content looks intersting but the navigation is cluttered . Try having more whitespace [ Since clutter surely turns off the visitors... ]

And, All the best in your new venture :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.