I know this isn't the best way to process a form, but I'm tyring to get it emailed to an email address. For some reason, it's not coming through. I can't get CGI scripts working on my server right now. What is wrong with this code that it won't send:

<form id="trialSubscription" name="6monthTrial" method="post" action="mailto:kahaj@yahoo.com">
    First Name: <input type="text" size="30" name="First Name: " /><br />
	Last Name:  <input type="text" size="30" name="Last Name: " /><br /><br />
	Email Address: <input type="text" size="40" name="Email: " /><br /><br />
	Physical Address:<br />
	Street: <input type="text" size="40" name="Street: " /><br />
	City: <input type="text" size="25" name="City: "/><br />
	State: <input type="text" size="3" name="State: " />  Zip Code: <input type="text" size="7" name="State: " /><br /><br />

<INPUT type="submit" name="SubmitIt" value="Subscribe">
<input type="reset" value="Clear All" />

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I think you didn't close form Tag

No, that's just my copy & paste mistake. Sorry about that. I didn't copy the </form> tag, but it is actually there.

hey it's working yaar in my system

Don't do this. You are going to get hammered with spam. At least use javascript to mask your email address. You need some type of form processor on the server to validate and sanitize the mail. Your time will be much better spent figuring out whats wrong with the CGI or searching for other mail forms on the web, such as this one for php.

I'm getting ready to contact the hosting company. I wrote a nice little CGI script that should do quite well.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.