Hi,

Once again I come to Dani's forum after days of getting nowhere myself.

I am using the "htmlarea" editor with one of my scripts.

A CSS file (probably) is overriding the changes to font sizes I change in the editor unless they are coded in a certain way.

For example this code works:

<p align="center"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 18pt; COLOR: red">TEST FONT</span></p>

But the normal HTML version doesn't:

<p align="center"><font color="#ff0000" size="5">TEST FONT</font></p>

I have tried many different WYSIWYG editors, Frontpage and Word but none create the code in the first example.

Can anyone tell me the "language" the first example is written in and where I can find an editor that will create that sort of code automatically as you type?

While I can change it myself, I need my customers to be able to use an offline editor without having to know how to code it that way.

Thanks in advance,

Graham

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

These are inline styles. Dreamweaver will do something similar. It will create a class for the element and embed the styles in the head of the document. This will look like:

<style type="text/css">
<!--
.style1 {
	font-size: 18px;
	color: #FF0000;
}
-->
</style>
</head>

<body>
<p><span class="style1">TEST FONT</span></p>

Thanks Buddylee,

I can see now that I need to use an editor with CSS support, but I want one that customers can download and use on their own computer.

Dreamweaver is fine for the webmaster, but I need something small and preferably free (or very cheap) customers can use.

Every one I've tried either doesn't do the job or does not have a WYSIWYG feature.

Regards,

Graham

Buddylee has unknowingly guided me to the solution.

Instead of using the dropdown font sizes in htmlarea, I should be using the dropdown "heading" sizes to change font sizes. There are 6 of them already there which will do the job nicely.

Changing text colour and background colour still works on the different sizes.

The answer was there all the time, I just couldn't see it!

But if anyone does know of an editor customers can use to create their page offline, I would still appreciate knowing.

Thanks,

Graham

hi
use always for font style, body properties and anything use to again and again css style is good

You are using deprecated codes. Editors tend to ignore them.

The following are deprecated:
the font tag
align=
color=
size=
bgcolor=
center (except as an argument for text-align)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.