Im not sure if Im in the right area, this is my first time posting so please excuse me if Im in the wrong place and let me know.

My problem is if you look at this site ( one of my first attempts at building) there are pencil buttons. When ever I place them in a page the first ones have white in them and the last one never does. It doesnt matter what order I put them in its the same thing every time. Is there way to put a space between them so the white doesnt show up. The Program used to make the buttons was Xara Webstyle 3.0.

A second question, there is a dancing kangaroo. How can I place him in different places on each page eg: upper left, upper right, lower left, lower right.

http://www.geocities.com/judiroyle/

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I'm not exactly sure it is you are asking, but I had a look at your site and I thought I could toss a few tips...
If your making basic pages with information on them, you should make them in frames, or tables.. I recommend tables, why? Cuz some people's browsers don't support frames.. and tables can look nice and porfessional were frames, well lets face it a scroll with in a scroll is a pain in the ass... but you should get to know both tables and frames, because they are both good to know...

To get rid of the white just make it transparent (.gif) or just simply take the background image of your page and put it in the background of the menu images...
hope this helps you out :))

this is a good site to start off:
http://www.webhelp.org

Im not sure if Im in the right area, this is my first time posting so please excuse me if Im in the wrong place and let me know.

My problem is if you look at this site ( one of my first attempts at building) there are pencil buttons. When ever I place them in a page the first ones have white in them and the last one never does. It doesnt matter what order I put them in its the same thing every time. Is there way to put a space between them so the white doesnt show up. The Program used to make the buttons was Xara Webstyle 3.0.

A second question, there is a dancing kangaroo. How can I place him in different places on each page eg: upper left, upper right, lower left, lower right.

http://www.geocities.com/judiroyle/

Thanks for taking the time to read.

I agree with deathrail -- if you make those buttons GIFs with transparent backgrounds, you won't have that white space around the tip. You'll probably also get a cleaner image without that grainy-ness (is that a word?) around the text on each pencil.

If you want more space between the buttons, you can use a table with a pencil button in each cell and then either have an absolute cell width of something slightly larger than the width of the image, OR you can use spacer.gifs (a 1x1 transparent GIF image to use in your HTML code that helps space things apart). I try to stay away from spacer.gif images if I can, but they can be handy as well.

For moving that kangaroo around -- it will all depend on your HTML code - but yes, you can put him anywhere you want. You'll need to tweak the code for each individual page if you want that graphic in a different spot each time.

Dreamweaver (Macromedia) is a GREAT product for creating HTML pages -- pretty easy to learn and very standard in the industry -- might be worth looking into.

Good luck!

Shannon

P.S. If you want more specific help, feel free to email me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.