well i saw big players like google ,yahoo....using div a lot for their webpage.....

pls tell how to do it with ease....searched lot but they are all confusing............!

i also want to know how it is possible to replace frameset with.......

i have a webpage where link in the left frame has to be displayed in the right

pls help

Member Avatar for ingeva

well i saw big players like google ,yahoo....using div a lot for their webpage.....

pls tell how to do it with ease....searched lot but they are all confusing............!

I put everything into a "div", between my <body>/</body> statements.
The reason is the XHTML1 Strict requires that nearly all html tags be within some kind of block (validator.w3.org lists several).

i also want to know how it is possible to replace frameset with.......

It's a good idea to get rid of frames altogether because they are being deprecated.
Use divs instead, and switch the contents to display one or the other -- or learn to program for WEB 2.0 (Ajax). That's what I'm doing at the time, because a W2 solution will be much simpler and easier to debug.

This is NOT an advertisement: Take a look at my site http://noniplus.no , where the menu selection at the right replaces the main text faster than you can blink. This site does NOT use frames, but it used to.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.