allrighty im kind of new to dreamweaver as im just getting into it in school. Anyway i have a web project to do in making my own personal web site. What im trying to do is have on one of my sites pages a bunch of images in which you could move around(for example: moving a bunch of words on the page in the web browser to make a sentence). The problem im having is that when i get the images in and i preview them in the web browser the images have some sort of white border around them so if i put an image next to the other, providing that the other images white border is big, it will overlap the picture next to it. How do i get rid of this white border on each image to make it seem like the objects are actually next to each other? and would the crop tool work?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Are you puting the images in a Table? If so, the keep it the way it is and click the table itself. Then look at the bottom under properties. You should see a few settings for that table like, Border, CellPad, and CellSpace.

You can have the CellSpace anyway you want, it just gives the image or whatevers inside taht table some space and room. The Cell Pad gives it its outter lines look. Like how wide you want it to be. The Border is the part you need to change. it is probly set to 1. So change it to 0. This way, you shouldnt see any lines there at all.

When I put an image in a table, this is what I use....CellPad= ; Border=0; CellSpace=2

Try those settings as I am sure that would help you!

ok ill give it a shot when i return to school and on second thought i didnt use a table. thanks dude...

ok ill give it a shot when i return to school and on second thought i didnt use a table. thanks dude...

No Problemo..oops :eek: , problem hehehe!

nope...just tried today...and the white borders around the images are still there. like imagine a white square with an image in the center and you should get what i mean. so the square is with the image itself, thats why when i move the image next to another image the white square will overlap the other image.

Maybe the problem is the images themselves; If the images you are using hava border around them, it may cause a problem. Chances are your school has some kind of image editing software you can use to rmove this border.

Another thing you might want to try is creating a Layout Table (in layout mode), then a layout cell and inserting your image into the cell. By creating multiple cells within a table, you can edit the distance and size that they are. Keep in mind that, depending on the version of Dreamweaver, the program will auto-resize the cells. So you can create Laout Tables within Layout tables. And you cannot insert objects into tables, only cells

yeah i think your right...the problem is with the image itself. i usually edit the pictures in photoshop 7 or fractal painter. i wish i knew a way to try and get the white completely gone from the images.thanks dude.

No problem.

If you're looking for programs to use and time isn't a huge factor, you might be able to get away with using something like MS Paint.

yeah so i guess my next question would be, how to get comptetely rid of the white box in the background of the image...

allrighty im kind of new to dreamweaver as im just getting into it in school. Anyway i have a web project to do in making my own personal web site. What im trying to do is have on one of my sites pages a bunch of images in which you could move around(for example: moving a bunch of words on the page in the web browser to make a sentence). The problem im having is that when i get the images in and i preview them in the web browser the images have some sort of white border around them so if i put an image next to the other, providing that the other images white border is big, it will overlap the picture next to it. How do i get rid of this white border on each image to make it seem like the objects are actually next to each other? and would the crop tool work?

Okay man here's the real deal. Let's say you have a solid blue background. Change the canvas where you create the graphic to the same color and BOOM! no white borders. Scenario dos: you have a multi-colored background. Go back to the image (PNG or PSD) and turn off the antil-alias and KaBlowey almost no white eges. It greatly depends on the background your using, but nothing will get rid of it more than matching the background of the image's canvas to the exact color of the web page's background. Good luck and email me if you still have problems lou_online@comcast.net...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.