My website validates as XHTML 1.0 strict and I want to keep it this way (no reason to argue against it for the sake of this thread). Unfortunately, iFrames are not supported, so I am trying to use the Object tag to reference a PHP page that contains my Advertisement code. Works perfectly and validates fine, but IE 7 displays the Object with a 'shadowy' border (this is not present in all other browsers I tested including all versions of FireFox, all previous versions of IE, Safari, and Opera). My code looks as such: <object id="leaderboardObject" data="ads/leaderboardObject.php" type="text/html" border="0"></object> My CSS file describes "leaderboardObject" as:

border: none;
padding: 0px;
margin: 0px;
width:728px;
height:90px;
overflow: hidden;

And the CSS of the ads/leaderboardObject.php looks as such:

html {
border:none;
overflow:hidden;
}
body {
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
border:none;
overflow:hidden;
}

IE 7 is killing me. I get about 20,000 unique visitors a day using IE 7 so I cannot implement this solution until I can get the 'shadowy' border to dissappear. Any ideas????

0px is not a valid style.

You must not put units of measures on zero values. Just put 0 for a zero value.

Some browsers throw the entire style away if it contains a 0 with a unit of measure.

Note that the ad code may be using nonstandard IE code to add the shadow.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.