I am trying to add a streaming .wma audio file in a link on m­y web page.
I know my file is a .wma file and I have played it from my d­esktop and
from the server I uploaded it to. I cannot for the life of m­e figure
out why I am getting this message:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the assoc­iated
playlist is not valid.

Please help. This is my text file:

http://www.thechurch-apostolicfaith.org/audio/Try2.wma

I saved the text file as Try2.wax.

I saved the text file as Try2.wax.

Sorry I couldn't find the file all I got was a 404

A quick bit of advice though change the permissions for your directories!! I was able to view the contents of your Audio folder and Images folder.

Protect your work by protecting your folders, I quite often by forgetting to cloack files upload .PSD or .FLA's to my server which are not needed but if people get into my folders they have the building blocks for my site graphics and SWF files so be careful. NOt everybody is as nice as me.

Http://www.RipperHunting.com

Kev

Thanks Kevin for the advice. I was unaware of this.
By the way, I figured out the problem and everything is working fine now.

Sorry I couldn't find the file all I got was a 404

A quick bit of advice though change the permissions for your directories!! I was able to view the contents of your Audio folder and Images folder.

Protect your work by protecting your folders, I quite often by forgetting to cloack files upload .PSD or .FLA's to my server which are not needed but if people get into my folders they have the building blocks for my site graphics and SWF files so be careful. NOt everybody is as nice as me.

Http://www.RipperHunting.com

Kev

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.