Hi, at the end of my tether once again with IE6 - on this occasion I've got loads of pngs on the site i'm working on which i thought i'd fixed for IE6 using the DD belated PNG fix, which has worked almost perfectly but not quite!

I now have the following issues in IE6 which I'm struggling to fix:

On the homepage, I have a swf which should overlap the quicklinks directly below it. Instead, the quicklinks are pushed further down the page. This works perfectly in IE7, FF, Safari - so i think my z-indexes are set correctly and I don't know how to alter them specifically for IE6 to behave?

Also on the homepage, you can see that underneath the What's On and Special Offers quicklinks near the bottom of the page, there is a slight tiling effect. The png fix script is creating an element 277px high for some reason, which is causing the extra tiling. It's strange that I don't have this issue with the other quicklinks, e.g Weddings, Corporate etc. Hopefully this can be fixed with CSS, otherwise i'll need to look more into the JS which is causing it.

The site can be viewed here .

If anyone can help that would be great!

If you did found solution, would you mind to share it with community? In doing so you may help somebody with similar problem in the future...

hey for the swfs in ur html code find the paramaters code and add a parameter of wmode=transparent. or simply open in dreamweaver click your swf and from the parameters in properters ad a new one. name is wmode and value is transparent. problem fixed.
regards

If you did found solution, would you mind to share it with community? In doing so you may help somebody with similar problem in the future...

Yeah I would normally post the solution, on this occasion the tiling issue just disappeared, so i have no idea what was happening there! The other issue was just a simple case of IE6 requiring a different negative margin for the quicklink buttons to sit underneath the swfs.

Z index is not implemented correctly in IE 6. It is buggy.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.