Does anybody know of software that will convert Excel spreadsheets to HTML for Macs? I've seen a few converting programs but none so far that are Mac-friendly.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Excel can save a spreadsheet as an html file, but the file is quite messy.

try saving as a CSV first then save the CSV as HTML i think that will do the trick

First of all, thank you for responding!

Saving to .Htm (as well as saving first to .csv then to .htm) does produce a messy (but correctable) html file. However that file is a static "picture" of the spreadsheet. What I need is a dynamic spreadsheet for the web so that when input is entered into the cells it populates other areas of the spreadsheet based upon equations and logic.

This will be an order form for my company's website. I may have to hire a designer. I've just seen Windows based software advertised (nothing for the Mac) that claims to be able to do this.

First of all, thank you for responding!

Saving to .Htm (as well as saving first to .csv then to .htm) does produce a messy (but correctable) html file. However that file is a static "picture" of the spreadsheet. What I need is a dynamic spreadsheet for the web so that when input is entered into the cells it populates other areas of the spreadsheet based upon equations and logic.

This will be an order form for my company's website. I may have to hire a designer. I've just seen Windows based software advertised (nothing for the Mac) that claims to be able to do this.

Any luck finding this?

Nope. I got a warning from DaniWeb of some type about this thread - never could figure it out though. Our company is shelling out $3500 this week for a web designer to do it for us. Thanks guys for responding.

Nope. I got a warning from DaniWeb of some type about this thread - never could figure it out though. Our company is shelling out $3500 this week for a web designer to do it for us. Thanks guys for responding.

Wow that's expensive! I found out about a software at http://www.spreadsheetconverter.com that looks like it can do this for only $100. If I don't find a free solution this week, I guess I'll try this out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.