Hi, I apologized if I am not asking the right question here or I am posting in the wrong question. But, I hope I can get some direction on where to go to accomplish this.
I trying to create a secured site. Users will be log in with their own user name and password. After log in, the user will have access to a series of subjects where he/she can choice to take and test of the desirable subject. He/she have the option of the number of question. After taking the test, the person should be able to see their results by percentage, chart how they did on the test. Also, I would like to be able to create a report of the results for the user to see.
the question is, what is the appropriate software to develop and web application that can be accessed from anywhere in the world as long as you have an internet connection. I check a few companies out there but, they where not as flexible on what I wanted to do or more discouraging when I talk to them.
Thank you for taking the time to help with this.

Gian

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You can do this in any scripting language you are familiar with, PHP, asp or asp.net etc.

Besides you need to host your app on a web server to make your app available to users all the time.

If you would like users to be able to see their past test results, then you need to store each test result in a database. Try php/mySQL combination. It should work fine for you.

Developing this site in asp.net would be a good choice because it has the built-in functionality to allow for secure logins, role-based content viewing, profile management, etc.

Developing this site in asp.net would be a good choice because it has the built-in functionality to allow for secure logins, role-based content viewing, profile management, etc.

same can be achieved with JSP or PHP and there can be endless discussion on which is better. One for sure, there is lesser number IIS servers on the market then Apache and as far I'm concerned ASP wouldn't run on anything else, plus IIS hosting is more expensive then Apache

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.