Hi everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm new to web design and am using dreamweaver to make a site (apparently that is my first mistake). I made the home page so the layout was exactly like I wanted. As far as I know I did not save it as a template or anything. Then, I duplicated the page and renamed it. Now I have my homepage (index.html) and my second page (about.html). Now, any changes I make on either page appear on the other page. I don't know if this is an issue with the code or just some setting in dreamweaver, but it's driving me up the wall!!

Any suggestions? I'll post the code if you think that's the issue.

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You are using the same CSS in both files I guess. Editing that will affect all pages using it.

if you have styles in the html it will affect just that page. What you might want to consider is making a separate CSS page that all your pages refer to.

or...if the styles are embedded in the html are edited, and you make a change w/in that, it shouldn't change both pages. Seems strange.

what sort of changes are you trying to make when it behaves like that?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.