Hi everyone

I hope someone can help me with this as its rather urgent. I have to create a template for a PHP based website. I won't be doing the PHP coding as there is another programmer who'll handle that. I basically need to create the layout of the pages and then the programmer will copy and paste the content into the PHP pages.

I know what I want the pages to look like. There are 9 main links and most of them have sub-links that need to pop up when the mouse rolls over them (similar to what Nvidia has used on their website www.nvidia.com

My problem is that I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this. A friend suggested I use Joomla as it will be a helpful tool for the entire website, but when I set it up, it keeps giving me errors and won't even display any links.

Unfortunately this client hasn't given me much time to try figure it out on my own (we met for the first time yesterday - Wednesday - and I have a meeting with her and the programmer on saturday morning and I need something to show them).

If anyone can help me out by suggesting a good place to start or something, I'd really appreciate it as at the moment, I'm going insane with frustration.

Yours truly
Laura

Member Avatar for virtuosoonline

Hi Laura,

As far as the time is concerned, you may try to download free templates from www.freewebsitetemplates.com or sites like that. Later you can integrate PHP coding and customized graphic work.

Using Joomla is not a good solution as it is helpful only to the expert person. Joomla navigation and usability is so vast that you need to give much time to accustomed with it.

Thanks for the advice! I'll check out the link you posted. Yesterday I worked on a layout using HTML and CSS but it isn't quite right, but I met with the client today and she doesn't seem to concerned.

Thanks again for the help
Laura

Member Avatar for virtuosoonline

You are welcome.

By the way you can choose any template from our unused templates collection by viewing our sites portfolio or from the external source...

designfirms.org/search/portfolios/virtuosoonline

You just send me the link of which design suites you best and I will send the psd. But the problem is that I don't have the html done for these templates. If psd ok with you, please feel free to request.

Needless to say you do not have to pay anything :)

I will be happy if it can serve your purpose.

Thanks so much for everything! Found a nice template to use as a base from www.freewebsitetemplates.com. Its not 100% right but it should serve its purpose!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.