Hey all, i was just wondering if there was a way to copyright an image. Because i have made a really good image, but i honestly think someone is going to steal it. If there is a way to prevent this, can someone tell me how? or how i can prove the image is mine, if it does get stolen..

Thanks for help! :)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

It depends what the laws are in your country. Some jurisdictions have formal methods to establish copyright, but most recognize copyright as being automatic on any completed work, without formal registration.

Its always a good idea to watermark your images and display a copyright notice on your site.

It depends what the laws are in your country. Some jurisdictions have formal methods to establish copyright, but most recognize copyright as being automatic on any completed work, without formal registration.

Its always a good idea to watermark your images and display a copyright notice on your site.

Ok thanks, im from the uk. So im assuming that the laws are quite well established.. Watermarking i dont think would be possible, because its is the logo of my site, so that is kind of out of the question. I have a policy statement of copyright etc on my site. But i dont understand how i can prove that the work is mine?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.