Did some tests and seems all the HTML5 tags / features work pretty well across all modern browsers except in IE6 for whom you have to use a little JS to make it style specific HTML5 elements.

It's easy but still takes quite some time to shape your skills / remember all the tags, etc.. I think I will not adopt it so soon in any foreseeable future as I have yet to discover any substantial benefits it offers.

It's disrupting.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I still design/code to ensure maximum compatibility with IE6 - some of my sites still have as much as 25% of visitors using it.

I think that within a few years I'll *start* to use HTML5, but at the moment I see no major reason to use it just yet.

Did some tests and seems all the HTML5 tags / features work pretty well across all modern browsers except in IE6 for whom you have to use a little JS to make it style specific HTML5 elements.

It's easy but still takes quite some time to shape your skills / remember all the tags, etc.. I think I will not adopt it so soon in any foreseeable future as I have yet to discover any substantial benefits it offers.

It's disrupting.

Well, of course not!

I'd love to use HTML 5 in my next project, it does so many things which we currently rely on PHP and JavaScript and such things to do, but as far as I remember IE 8 STILL hasn't caught up with all the other players. And unfortunately because that's what must people use, simply because they don't know any better, I'm afraid I'll have to stick to HTML 4 for a while.

But that's interesting about adding a bit of Jscript to get it to work in IE 6, mayhaps you would post some info or links about this?

Like what do you know about HTML4.01 that you would love to use HTML5 instead.
What are the extras that HTML5 offering to us and that IE5 didn't already (like a century ago)?

Like what do you know about HTML4.01 that you would love to use HTML5 instead.
What are the extras that HTML5 offering to us and that IE5 didn't already (like a century ago)?

Hey I'm glad you've got our own opinions and ways of working and stuff, but I really don't like your style. Do you even work with REAL people?

Instead of acting like a know-it-all and FORCING your opinion on people, why don't you try EXPLAINING why your opinion is the right one. Because the way you're behaving, your just making people like myself, who have a different opinion from your own, dig our heels in...and probably annoying you even more!

Personally I can't believe that your offering IE5 as a reason for not using HTML5. Does anyone even use IE5 any more? Perhaps you should do some reading on HTML5 to see what your missing out on.

I'm guessing my mentioning IE was a sore point for you. I understand that there's plenty of people who are hard-core followers of Microsoft, but from my own experience of working, I have to spend half my time fixing sites to work in IE because it has its own warped way of working.

But, hey, that's only my opinion and everyone has their own ways of working.

The problem with 'your opinion" is that you don't have an opinion.

My 'opinion' is that your an idiot! What's the matter, did you not get hugged enough as a child?

You know what, I'm bored of you now.

Troll!

Keep it on topic and leave the personal attacks at the door.

At the end of the day, the doctype alone won't make your pages HTML5-consistent. It's truly dependent upon the program to do this. Actually, you can utilize one of those two more seasoned doctypes with new HTML5 components on the page and the page will render equivalent to it would on the off chance that you utilized the new doctype.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.