hello. I tried this with a bit of search. I wish to have freedom while typing text in my web page. I want the right margin to be fixed so that when i type text all aligns along the right margin. I tried tables but not satisfied

<html>
<body>

<table border="0" width="40%" cellpadding="10">
<tr>

<td width="50%" valign="top">
This is some text. This is some text. This is some text. This is some text. This is some text.
</td>

<td width="50%" valign="top">
Another text. Another text. Another text. Another text. Another text. Another text. Another text.ndndnddndnnd
nddn
</td>

</tr>
</table>

</body>
</html>

i have studied html but this time it is to be used practically. I have liittle idea of CSS.

I tried in frontpage as well but there the problem was that text would get typed after a space of two lines when i press enter.I just want a way to comfortably manage my text. Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

css might be the way to go...

<html>
<head>
<style type="text/css">
#text1{
margin: 0% 0% 0% 0%; position:absolute;
}
#text2{
margin: 0% 0% 0% 50%; position:absolute;
}
</style>
</head>

<body>
<div id="text1">
This is text 1
</div>

<div id="text2">
This is text 2
</div>
</body>

</html>

should do it...

however long line i type i should get it constrained by the right margin of the paragraph.This is not happening. Also some one tell me about the double lined problem in frontpage and dreamweaver.

however long line i type i should get it constrained by the right margin of the paragraph.This is not happening. Also some one tell me about the double lined problem in frontpage and dreamweaver.

then you have to add a width in the css, so it looks like this:

<html>
<head>
<style type="text/css">
#text1{
margin: 0% 0% 0% 0%; position:absolute;
width: 45%
}
#text2{
margin: 0% 0% 0% 50%; position:absolute;
width: 45%
}
</style>
</head>

<body>
<div id="text1">
This is text 1, This is text 1, This is text 1, This is text 1, This is text 1, This is text 1, This is text 1, This is text 1, This is text 1, This is text 1
</div>

<div id="text2">
This is text 2, This is text 2, This is text 2, This is text 2, This is text 2, This is text 2, This is text 2, This is text 2, This is text 2, This is text 2
</div>
</body>

</html>

And, l am not sure what you meen with the the double line thing, l use Notepad ++ for everything l do... Let me know how this goes fo ya..

it's so hard ...

I want to have a site ???

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.