hi there,

bit of a newcomer to web building, and having now finished a site which is xhtml transitional validated (except for the <embed> on the first page for the embedded .rm file... which from what i've seen around the net, is insurmountable).

But I have a couple of questions which are baffling me. Here is a link to the home page:

www.youth-tv.co.uk

1) For some reason, on IE, the site is aligned to the left hand side, whereas on NN and Mozilla it is centred, as it should be according to the CSS script. Any reason why?

2) At the bottom, on the bottom bar, I have some logo images, which i would like centered in the bottom bar along with the text, but can't for the life of me figure out how.

Any help, advice, pointers, etc, gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Jules

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

1. site is aligned dead centered to me in IE6

2. In your site you could take

<table width="760" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="bgbottombar">
  <tr>
    <td class="baseline">

and change it too

<table width="760" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="bgbottombar">
  <tr>
    <td align="center" class="baseline">

:) remember while its an awsome thing to follow w3 standards and be as complaint as possible, not everything works cross browser sadly.

1) You're using the margin:auto trick, right? IE can have issues with that, especially older versions. Though the site looks fine for me in IE6. A common hack to fix that is to use text-align:center on the box rather than the text.

2) If you want to use CSS for it, wrap everything in a div and center the div.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.