Is there an "simple" way to have a Rich-text <textarea> form save to a specific file on my server, replacing or adding to the existing version of that file? The reason I ask is a person I'm designing for doesn't knwo a lick of HTML, nor has any wish to, just wants to type what he wants it to say from day to day and be updated in his site upon submitting the changes. I'm using PHP to pull from the specified file so that the formating won't get all wonky with each end-user change, but I can't seem to get the form to submit to a file let alone one on my server. Research so far has lead me to needing a Perl CGI script, but so far, i can't find anything down that road...

If anyone has a suggestion, or even a recommended piece of code, well that would be awesome! Thanks.

Is there an "simple" way to have a Rich-text <textarea> form save to a specific file on my server, replacing or adding to the existing version of that file? The reason I ask is a person I'm designing for doesn't knwo a lick of HTML, nor has any wish to, just wants to type what he wants it to say from day to day and be updated in his site upon submitting the changes. I'm using PHP to pull from the specified file so that the formating won't get all wonky with each end-user change, but I can't seem to get the form to submit to a file let alone one on my server. Research so far has lead me to needing a Perl CGI script, but so far, i can't find anything down that road...

If anyone has a suggestion, or even a recommended piece of code, well that would be awesome! Thanks.

You could store the textarea into a database and pull the most updated row from there and display that.

or you could use the php fopen() function more on that here
http://php.net/manual/en/function.fopen.php

Hope it helps..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.