Hello, I have 2 style sheets for my site, one small(760px) and one large(900px). I would like to create an image in photo shop for the header. My question is do I need to create 2 images for the 2 background sizes or can I create 1 image for both backgrounds.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm fairly new to images.

Hello, I have 2 style sheets for my site, one small(760px) and one large(900px). I would like to create an image in photo shop for the header. My question is do I need to create 2 images for the 2 background sizes or can I create 1 image for both backgrounds.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm fairly new to images.

You need to change the image size on the picture to fit the style sheets. You can use the same picture, just save 2 copies of the pic. One in 760px and one in 900px. (be sure to keep the resolution the same. 72 is the recommended resolution for websites).

Thanks,
What do you mean the image size? Change it in photoshop or in dreamweaver? How about the canvas size?

Thanks,
What do you mean the image size? Change it in photoshop or in dreamweaver? How about the canvas size?

You change the image size in Photoshop. But do not change the canvas size at all.
Directions: 1st open your picture then go to the tab at the top named "image" go down to "image size".
2nd change the image size to the right proportions that you want it, and make sure the resolution says 72.
3rd save the image under the name you want it, then go to "file", "save as" or "Ctrl+alt+s" and save copy.
4th open copy file, after doing so, go to "image" and "image size" and change the size to what you want, and once again make sure the resolution is 72.

And I'm glad to be of help to fellow computer geeks :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.