Hey you guys I have a question about web designing . Im a person who would like to learn about web creation, what would be a great place to start? In this college im attending this summer their offering two classes, one class is "Basic mechanics of web design using HTML" and this other class called "webdreamer web: 1, webpage layout and design" and Im not sure which one i should choose. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks you guys.

Martin Sanchez

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hard to tell. It depends on your own knowledge and what is covered in those courses.

Well the only thing I've done in computers is C programming. Like both classes sound very interesting and both offer web developemen such page layout, the theory behind it, etc. Is their a big difference between dreamweaver and html ? Like is one more commonly or professioanlky used than the other ?

Hard to tell. It depends on your own knowledge and what is covered in those courses.

If I had to choose, I would stay miles away from dreamweaver. Must admit, many use it. But if you start to learn web design and html I think it is better not to learn how you can do it with a wizard. Learn the basics first and you can always look at dreamweaver after you have learned how to create web pages.
Most professional web programmers I know, don't use dreamweaver. The write the code in notepad+ (or similar programs).

learn html and you can code in anything
learn webdreamer, and you are limited to webdreamer, useless

learn html and you can code in anything
learn webdreamer, and you are limited to webdreamer, useless

@almostbob, webdreamer?? One course is learning html the other dreamweaver.

and this other class called "webdreamer web: 1, webpage layout and design"

@almostbob, webdreamer?? One course is learning html the other dreamweaver.

Just replying to the OP, in the terms the OP used,
unless you are reading a different post in the thread to the one I replied to
You are,,
pebkac error

edit or if you prefer,, USE

user
stupidity
error

If I had to choose, I would stay miles away from dreamweaver. Must admit, many use it. But if you start to learn web design and html I think it is better not to learn how you can do it with a wizard. Learn the basics first and you can always look at dreamweaver after you have learned how to create web pages.
Most professional web programmers I know, don't use dreamweaver. The write the code in notepad+ (or similar programs).

thanks for your advice, already signed up for the HTML class today, cant wait!

It seems this thread is solved, please mark it as solved then. Thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.