Hi,

I am trying to embed a font into a page and it seems to work just fine on all browsers except Firefox on both Mac and PC. When I host the font on the same domain, it works fine but if I host the fonts on another domain, it will not load the fonts. Has anyone encountered a similar problem and know of any solution? Thanks!

- Matt

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

What technique are you using? @font-face?

>When I host the font on the same domain, it works fine

OK, so host it on the same domain. Problem with that?

Yes, I'm using @font-face.

Hosting on the same domain isn't really an option in this case. Believe me, I wouldn't be trying to make this work if I could do that.

Member Avatar for diafol

Fair enough. This was a page I came across a while ago when experimenting with ff on FF! There's a section on 'local' keyword. Don't know if this will help.

http://randsco.com/index.php/2009/07/04/p680

Thanks, appreciate the resource.

It's a security violation. Firefox has a setting to keep pages from redirecting to harmful sites.

I'm curious how typekit.com gets around that. Because you include some javascript that pulls fonts from their server.

Member Avatar for diafol

It ain't free :(

Oh I know its not free, but I was just wondering from a technical perspective. Obviously its possible since they do it.

Cool, this looks like it could work. Thanks!

can be done with a special htaccess file. google it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.