Hello everyone, I have a little dilemma. I have a css that controls a transparent gif and it works fine in FF, but in IE, I get a white border.

Below is my CSS for the button.

#sendbutton
{
 position: absolute;
 background: url(images/send_button97.gif) no-repeat;
 border:none;
 font-size: 13px;
 text-align: center;
 background-color:none;
 color:#FFFFFF;
 left: 680px;
 top: 480px;
 width: 168px;
 height: 68px;
 -moz-outline-style:none;
 -moz-focus-inner:none;
 filter:alpha(opacity=60);
 -moz-opacity:0.1;
 -khtml-opacity: 0.1;
  opacity: 1.0;
}

How do I correct the IE version?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

try checking each CSS attribute with the w3 and see which one is not compatible with IE.

and also, I really don't like the background-color: none;

check these guys, they are not very common:

-moz-outline-style:none;
-moz-focus-inner:none;
filter:alpha(opacity=60);
-moz-opacity:0.1;
-khtml-opacity: 0.1;
opacity: 1.0;

Member Avatar for diafol

Is this php? Perhaps you'd have better luck in the correct forum. Try web design/html and css. Sorry theighost - no disrespect - good advice.

Hi, If possible try to use PNG image instead of GIF, I think it would be helpful.

Is this php? Perhaps you'd have better luck in the correct forum. Try web design/html and css. Sorry theighost - no disrespect - good advice.

No disrespect taken :) I forgot this is php :P

What IE version?

(flagged to move)

Thanks all, but I solved my own problem with a little experimenting. The following solved my issue.

<input type="submit" id="sendbutton" name="submit" onfocus="blur()" value="Send" style="position: absolute; background-color:transparent" />

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.