I've never used any CMS as a developer.
Now I think it's time for me to start getting familiar with them.
There are three out there I laid my eye on - WordPress, Joomla!, Drupal.
Which one should I begin with?

Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

From my experience is Wordpress the easiest one to grasp. Drupal has an enormous learning curve and will take quite a while to fully understand and I haven't tried Joomla! yet. My suggestion is that you first and foremost figure out what kind of site you will use it for: a forum, marketing site or personal site/blog. Wordpress has a forum plugin but Drupal or Joomla! would be better suited for it. The same for marketing sites/online stores. But Wordpress can do all that too but it may just not be just as convenient since it's from the beginning a blogging platform.

But if you are just curious then my vote would be that you start learning wordpress since it's so simple and easy to start working with. :)

From my experience is Wordpress the easiest one to grasp. Drupal has an enormous learning curve and will take quite a while to fully understand and I haven't tried Joomla! yet. My suggestion is that you first and foremost figure out what kind of site you will use it for: a forum, marketing site or personal site/blog. Wordpress has a forum plugin but Drupal or Joomla! would be better suited for it. The same for marketing sites/online stores. But Wordpress can do all that too but it may just not be just as convenient since it's from the beginning a blogging platform.

But if you are just curious then my vote would be that you start learning wordpress since it's so simple and easy to start working with. :)

Thank you very much!
Yes, I'm just curious because I see a lot of demand for CMS around, especially for WordPress.
And I did figure out that it is the easiest one to learn and I started with it. :)

Now, thanks to you, I'm sure I'm on the right track. :)

If you wanna go hardcore you can always try to design your own ;) good luck with WordPress! :D

You should use wordpress that is the best

Member Avatar for rajarajan2017

If you wanna go hardcore you can always try to design your own ;) good luck with WordPress! :D

I'm not that far yet, but I'm on the way. Thank you! ;)

Does noone use Contribute? I know its not free, but I'm sure with as popular as DW is, many people use contribute. Just curious.

Does noone use Contribute? I know its not free, but I'm sure with as popular as DW is, many people use contribute. Just curious.

I've never seen any request for it from potential employers.

If your problem has been solved, please also mark the thread as solved :)

I think Wordpress should be a good place to start. Drupal is very good but a lil more complicated than Wordpress.

For me Joomla is best and it is easy to use, also you have lot of tutorials on youtube :)

I think Wordpress should be a good place to start. Drupal is very good but a lil more complicated than Wordpress.

That's what I've figured out. :)

For me Joomla is best and it is easy to use, also you have lot of tutorials on youtube :)

Joomla! is number two on my list. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.