Hello.

I have a Flash swf image gallery loading into the main Flash movie on a website. The problem I'm having is that the quality of the images is not what it should be. I've discovered that right-clicking on the movie, selecting any resolution other than High (its default) fixes the image quality to what it should look like. I then put the setting back on High and all goes well from then on.

In attempts to remedy the situation, I've changed all images to be whole numbered sizes (no decimals) in case the browser wasn't liking that. I've also checked the obvious settings in Publish... to make sure that the JPEG was at 100 percent and that the movie was not being compressed.

I have a feeling that the image quality problem does not actually deal with the images themselves, but more the settings of the movie, but I really have no idea. I would greatly appreciate any and all ideas.

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I don't currently have Flash MX installed, but I think, in the library pane (press F11???), if you right-click on an image and click properties or something, there are some additional options to do with image quality.

I've played with the library image properties (switching between the "Photo (JPEG)" and "Lossless (PNG/GIF)" settings and it hasn't seemed to help either. Also, I have three versions of every image that I have used (as well as three versions of the SWF being loaded): there is one with JPEGs, one with GIFs, and one with PNGs. So far, nothing has seemed to work.

I FIGURED IT OUT!

Oh joy!

What I did was place the actionscript "_highquality = 2;" on the keyframe in the main movie which holds the dummy file that the imported movie imported into. It worked great!

Thanks for the help. I hope this can help others.

Hello.

I have a Flash swf image gallery loading into the main Flash movie on a website. The problem I'm having is that the quality of the images is not what it should be. I've discovered that right-clicking on the movie, selecting any resolution other than High (its default) fixes the image quality to what it should look like. I then put the setting back on High and all goes well from then on.

In attempts to remedy the situation, I've changed all images to be whole numbered sizes (no decimals) in case the browser wasn't liking that. I've also checked the obvious settings in Publish... to make sure that the JPEG was at 100 percent and that the movie was not being compressed.

I have a feeling that the image quality problem does not actually deal with the images themselves, but more the settings of the movie, but I really have no idea. I would greatly appreciate any and all ideas.

Thank you.

Hi there,

You can control elements like quality using action script :)

I FIGURED IT OUT!

Oh joy!

What I did was place the actionscript "_highquality = 2;" on the keyframe in the main movie which holds the dummy file that the imported movie imported into. It worked great!

Thanks for the help. I hope this can help others.

THANKS CHIPNYGMA!
Your solution helped me too. :)

Wiat, so I can control image quality via actionscript. Let's say I imported a logo as either a png or jpg, preferably png, I can adjust the image quality yes yes? Can I apply the actions to just the image or only the keyframe? Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.