Hi everyone,

I have a flash files, which has navigation menus and the contents. I just want to know how to edit the name of the buttons?

Example it has 4 buttons and these 4 buttons is linked to each others.

Home Home Home Home

If i change one of these, the rest will change as well.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

A button in Flash is a Symbol. It looks like you copied and pasted the symbol to get the 4 menus. In flash, an instance of a particular symbol is the same as the instance of every other Symbol. So if you change one of them, they all will.

To get round this problem, right click the symbol and select "Duplicate Symbol...". Flash will ask you to enter a symbol name. After duplicating the symbol, you will be able to change the name on the button.

A button in Flash is a Symbol. It looks like you copied and pasted the symbol to get the 4 menus. In flash, an instance of a particular symbol is the same as the instance of every other Symbol. So if you change one of them, they all will.

To get round this problem, right click the symbol and select "Duplicate Symbol...". Flash will ask you to enter a symbol name. After duplicating the symbol, you will be able to change the name on the button.

Ohh I found it!

click window > component inspector
then click on the buttons

:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.