Hello,

I have a small image that i want to use over a complete canvas on a Fireworks file.......can someone help me with the instructions to do so?

Details:
- i have a small gif image attached here.
- i want it to be tiled all over a huge box
- so instead of copy/paste and laying it all over the box....is there an automatic way to set them on the entire box?

thanxs!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Sure there is. You should probably add this in the header section of your html:

<style type="text/css">
body
{
background-image:url('IMAGE_URL_HERE');
}
</style>

Try pasting the following code into a new notepad window and saving it as filename.html. Open it with a browser.

<html>
<head>
<style type="text/css">
body
{
background-image:url('http://www.daniweb.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18049&stc=1&d=1290042269');
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<p>Your text here etc. etc. This should work.</p>
</body>
</html>

Cheers!

nope! it has to be in fireworks itself! not in html

nope! it has to be in fireworks itself! not in html

Ah I'm very sorry, I completely misunderstood what you wanted. OK here's what you do, very simple, very useful, perfect alignment.

1. Save your small tile image as a jpeg or gif, be sure to name it something you'll recognize
  2. Copy it to "C:/Program Files/Macromedia/Fireworks 8/Configuration/Patterns" (or if you are on a mac, "Applications/Macromedia Fireworks 8/Configuration>Patterns")
  3. Restart Fireworks, if you had it open
  4. Fill the canvas you want to tile with your pattern, which should be one of the available patterns if you have followed the directions until this point

Cheers!

Thanks VulcanDesign for a great explanation with tips i can do it with your help.
Thanks .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.