Hi there,

I've just learned that making "Buy Now" links red is a no no, so I need to come up with another colour & this might be difficult considering not many colours will work with my site design.

Any suggestions?

www.exoticpublishing.com

Thanks & have a great day!

Michelle

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

How about a 3d buy now button in the brown or orange of your site? Have white text on top of it.
Alternately stick with the flat style buttons you have elsewhere in the site, but in orange or brown again.
Is your 'no red for buying' thing based on the 'red' 'danger' association?

I think using red in most cases is okay as long as you don't over do it. Red on your site wouldn't stand out, you need to build a button imo, whether 3d or 2d in appearance. I would put a buy text link down at the bottom right by

* FAQ |
* Site Map |
* Contact |
* Ezine |
* Terms & Conditions

Adobe has a good example of what I am talking about for the button, however I think I would use a brown instead of the grey.

http://www.adobe.com/products/main.html

Hi Dave,

How's it going?

Where do you see orange on the site? LOL

Brown is too dull. The first button the guy designed was in brown & I didn't like it.

This is going to be hard & I forgot about having to redo the buttons too.

Red relates to DEBT, so it's not good to have your buy buttons/links in red.

<sigh>

Michelle

How about a 3d buy now button in the brown or orange of your site? Have white text on top of it.
Alternately stick with the flat style buttons you have elsewhere in the site, but in orange or brown again.
Is your 'no red for buying' thing based on the 'red' 'danger' association?

I was looking at the orangey gold in your logo.

You could use the adobe style buttons with an orangey gold tick, I think that would work. Or make the button in that color and have white text on top.

Have a good Christmas!
Dave

Same to you Dave :)

Ahh, yes, there is indeed gold in there LOL, I'm just afraid it wouldn't stand out enough.

Can you show me a sample of the Adobe buttons you are referring to.

What about my buttons on my price list page? www.exoticpublishing.com/price_list.php Those aren't ok w/ maybe the gold & dark brown outline. I think a red outline would look great, but now I'm being paranoid about red in general LOL

TTYL :)

Michelle

I was looking at the orangey gold in your logo.

You could use the adobe style buttons with an orangey gold tick, I think that would work. Or make the button in that color and have white text on top.

Have a good Christmas!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.