This one might not make much sense to anyone. It doesn't to me. I'm creating a child theme for a Wordpress site. I have to create a style sheet in a new directory and import the style sheet from the parent theme. I'm trying to use @import to import the style sheet, but the code keeps showing up grayed out as if it's inside of a comment. It's definitely not working because my WP dashboard is telling the style hasn't been imported.

I've never used @import before, so I have no idea if I'm doing this correctly or not, though it seems rather straight forward.

@import url(../platform/style.css);

I included a picture attachment of the style sheet and the error message from Wordpress so you can see that the @import appears commented out and that it's not working properly. Anybody have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Nevermind. I got it. I didn't realize the theme name is case sensitive. Sorry to waste anyone's time.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.