Hello, am looking for a tool which can help me render a static website quickly so as to show the clients a quick prototype of how their website would look, and the tool must be able to generate the html codes and store them, as well as provide the design as well so that I can run the site locally on any machine.

I've had a look at dreamweaver but not really satisfied with it (thou am leaving it as the last option in case I do not get anything), and I do not want to use CMS as the site will not require any database as such, since it will only showcase the products the client is providing, no cart etc associated...

Photoshop is not an option as well since I want when I click on a "menu" it does load the page.

For example if I want to quickly design and run a website like the screenshot below. Any such tool available for a rapid web prototype creation and deployment?

BTW I do know it is better to develop manually, but in my current case I need to be able to drag drop items on the page, set the page/columns size quickly and generate the prototype in the minimum time possible...

design1

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

THERE ARE NUMEROUS WSWYG EDITORS BUT i THINK IF YOU REALLY NEED TO CREATE A WEBSITE FAST A
AND SMALL THE MANUAL WRITING CODE IS THE BEST WAY BECAUSE YOU CAN CHANGE IT AND WORK ON IT FROM THERE MAYBE YOU CAN CREATE A TEMPLATE FOR SIMPLE SITES CMS SITES WEBSTORES ETC

How about tools like mockingbird (web based), pencil sketching (FF addon), balsamiq (desktop) or ForeUI (desktop/browser) ?

thanks for the mentions pritaeas

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.