ok, I'm worried that this has an obvious answer that I'm just not seeing for whatever reason... like when you forget how to spell 'the'.

I have a table. It is assigned to the class "posTBL". The posTBL class is defined in the css as follows:

.posTBL {
background-color: #000000;
border-style: solid;
border-color: white;
color: white;
}

Without assigning each td of the table to posTBL, how can I tell the interpreter to make the borders of each cell in a posTBL white? But just to be clear, I am saying how can I do this wihout saying each cell is of the "posTBL" class... AND no writing css code directly into the cells (like in style tags or something). Basically, I'm not looking for anything 'inline'.. no <span>s, no style="" attribute things.

This may seem like a simple question. I'm sorry if that is the case. BTW, there are also "negTBL" tables that do not have white borders, so no definitions in the CSS saying that every cell has a white border.

I tried using an XML remedy for this, but I couldn't get it to work right... Is there like a secret or an unknown-to-me attribute that I can just define, or use a DIV to somehow do this?

To add borders around the rows, and cells for a table that has the postTBL class assigned...

.posTBL tr {border:1px solid #FFFFFF}
.posTBL td {border:1px solid #FFFFFF}

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.