Hello, I am working on a website. I have a test page up here:

http://www.geocities.com/mydadthinksimgay/honkiesupreme.html

My problem is that I am trying to delete the generated text in the table cells underneath where it says "download - click here" and "buy - click here."

I still want the download and buy links on top, I just want to get rid of the text underneath, but whenever I delete the text from the table cells in Dreamweaver, it changes the width of all the tables/cells, and moves the "download" and "buy" text over to the right.

If I try to resize the table width, it tells me my cells are overlapping.

What the hell?!?! :mad:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

This is a rather hackish solution but couldn't you change the font in those columns to the same color as the background. That way you know the columns will stay the same height and width.

Ha ha

[IMG]http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/5171/cut20ln.png[/IMG]
Piworld ™
[Tis simple as Pie]

lol... i DID think of that already, but i'm saving it as a last resort, ya know?

This is a rather hackish solution but couldn't you change the font in those columns to the same color as the background. That way you know the columns will stay the same height and width.

Ha ha

[IMG]http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/5171/cut20ln.png[/IMG]
Piworld ™
[Tis simple as Pie]

I hardly understand your problems. I tested to rid of the text and your table width changed different size (to small), all thingy went on right.

You want to rid of the text under the columns where it says "download...." TO STAY with same table width? If so...

Your original code:

<td colspan=2 valign=top>
<table border=0 align=center cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0><tr><td colspan=2>

<P class=mash>
Related...</P>

<table border=0 align=center cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0><tr><td valign=top>
download
<P><a href="page.html">click here</a></td>

<td valign=top>buy

</tr>

<td valign=top>jkjlf fjkf jfd fjksdlfdsjm  fmjsfjds  kjfls skds d ffjkjlf fjkf jfd fjksdlfdsjm  fmjsfjds  kjfls skds d ffjkjlf fjkf jfd fjksdlfdsjm  fmjsfjds  kjfls skds d f

<td valign=top>jkjlf fjkf jfd fjksdlfdsjm  fmjsfjds  kjfls skds d ffjkjlf fjkf jfd fjksdlfdsjm  fmjsfjds  kjfls skds d ffjkjlf fjkf jfd fjksjm  fmjsfjds  kjfls skds d f

</td></table>

</td></tr></table>

</td></tr></table>

</td></tr></table>
</td></tr>

My code, Replace with:

<td colspan=2 valign=top>
<table border=0 align=center cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0><tr><td colspan=2>

<P class=mash>
Related...</P>

<table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0 width="210px" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111"><tr><td valign=top>
download<br>
<br>
<a href="page.html">click here</a></td>

<td valign=top>buy

</tr>

</table>

</td></tr></table>

</td></tr></table>

</td></tr></table>
</td></tr>

No more resize the cells and text under :) I hope I am doing this right.

I just want to get rid of the text underneath, but whenever I delete the text from the table cells in Dreamweaver, it changes the width of all the tables/cells, and moves the "download" and "buy" text over to the right.

That's because you didn't use pixel. Pixel stays the same width. Percent allowed resize width.

dude! that did it! you rule!!!

so i must use pixels then.

thanks a lot!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.