Hello,

Firstly ill give you a background of what im trying to do and the layout of the banner/header

Right hand side - Navigation Links - I want to add a paint effect dripping down maybe splashing off the nav links, and then dropping onto the bottom and flowing to a point where there is an image ive designed with a paintbrush with a multi-coloured paint smear and brush with paint on it.

Left hand side - Website name, im thinking of a simple effect for the website name, just a loop effect.

Okay so i have the stockpile of the different photoshop images in a whole as the banner will look without the paint and the seperate images.

So anybody know how to get a sort of rainbow colour effect ?

how would i go about drawing the paint, would you guys/girls design this on flash or do the design on photoshop and import it, i have roughly learnt what i need to do on flash, advice on this will help me lots.

Thanks Gazza

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@GazzaCurran

how would i go about drawing the paint, would you guys/girls design this on flash or do the design on photoshop and import it, i have roughly learnt what i need to do on flash, advice on this will help me lots.

Do at least have a image so it would be much easier to understand or actionscript3 code so it would be much easier run the script.

@GazzaCurran

where the paint smeers are im changing them to a dipping maybe

You need your flash banner in swf file.

the effect will stop at then end start of the paint from the above image

Each images should have their own layer. Each images should also have at least 3 or 4 keyframes if you one each dipping one at a time.

You need to tween the paint foward meaning downward another words you need to add another keyframe.

Before you decide to do what I mention above. When you export the file is it a gif or swf? Try export it in swf.

I know notice you are using javascript.

Before you decide to do what I mention above. When you export the file is it a gif or swf? Try export it in swf.

I havent started the banner in flash yet, didnt know if id have to draw out the drips in a multicoloured format on flash or just import all the different layers etc.

@GazzaCurran

I havent started the banner in flash yet, didnt know if id have to draw out the drips in a multicoloured format on flash or just import all the different layers etc.

Sorry to reply so late.

To make the drip, you might need to slice the images of each drip so it can tween. After when you are done. I would export it as a swf and used javascript (the one you are currently using) to play the swf file

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.