Member Avatar for T4gal

Hello,

When viewing this page in IE 8, I'm seeing weird white lines. There is one right below and above the "Coming Soon!" header, and two below the small grey sentance below it.

I've looked at the CSS, and I can't see anything that could be causing this, and the lines are not even in the proper places to be borders around anything.

So far I have only seen this in IE 8. Does anyone have any idea whats causing this or how I can fix it?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I took a very brief look at the source code and noticed that you included new HTML5 elements such as header and footer. You should note that IE8 and earlier doesnt support the styling of these elements.

I'll take a closer look as soon as I have a chance to sit at a PC.

CSS has a pretty useful property called white-space that I’m guessing goes unnoticed among CSS beginners.

Member Avatar for T4gal

CSS has a pretty useful property called white-space that I’m guessing goes unnoticed among CSS beginners.

And what exactly would white-space have to do with it? That property is also not used anywhere on the page that I am aware of?

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@T4gal

Can you post a image of your website. So far on my screen it looks fine IE9. Plus You are using WordPress which has a few plugins.

Member Avatar for T4gal

Sorry for the late reply, here is a screen shot of the problem I'm seeing.

As for the CSS Compatibilities link, I'm sorry, I don't understand? What is that supposed to tell me?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.