What is the best web editor for windows 8. (aside from dreamweaver) I have heard Microsoft has something called expression I believe, I think that would be good. What is the best by your guy's opinions?

I recently got a brand new Lenovo Yoga13 Ideapad and i wanted to put in as much software that I can get for my uses... incase you were wondering...

asdfghjklasdfgh commented: bad question... +0

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@<MICHAEL>

What is the best web editor for windows 8. (aside from dreamweaver) I have heard Microsoft has something called expression I believe, I think that would be good. What is the best by your guy's opinions?

I'm not sure why you created this thread I mean there are few threads mention web editors already. The only difference is that you mention an OS requirements. Not everyone has Window 8 yet.

I am very happy with PhpStorm (they also have WebStorm).

For Windows, regardless of the version, I generally stick with Visual Studio.

@LastMitch, I started this thread so I can find the best editor exclusively for Windows 8.

@JorgeM, I am using VisualStudio but I also got a Expressions from Microsoft, I haven't tried it yet though, know anything about it?

@pritaeas, I am going to look into that one...

I don't care for Expressions or WebMatrix. There is nothing wrong with them. I'm accustomed to Visual Studio.

I have been toying around with Visual Studios its kind of fun to play with, but I am so used to the Mac experience with Dreamweaver and Coda 2...

Still i m using Adobe dreamviewer. No problem with any OS system.

Visual Studio 2013 and Dreamweaver CS6 work incredibly, so I'm just agreeing with everyone else.

If you are having doubts about this, are you thinking of using a completely new editor that isn't a giant? Any particular reason why not - such as you don't like the feel or they're missing specific features?

Member Avatar for iamthwee

my vote goes for sublime.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.