Hello Guys, Do you know, what is HTML-5? if Yes, then please share your knowledge about html5. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

this expletive reply,
not intended to be informative,
is however correct,
[answer]

The fifth generation in the development of html

[/answer]
like MS helpscreens

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the above, sometimes I cannot resist the temptation

Member Avatar for diafol

Dear Carmen, I think most of use here are wondering why you're asking such a question. A simple google search will give you many useful links as to what it is. If you have a question about a specific aspect of HTML5, sure, fire away - but what is HTML5 is like asking what's an elephant. Sorry if you find this patronizing, it's not meant to be.

I'll be brief with my own half-cocked explo:

HTML5 decades, it seems, in the making, comes of the heels of HMTL4.x and XHTML. It's a markup language subset of SGML. To all intents and purposes, you wouldn't really tell the difference between HTML4 and HTML5 from looking at a basic page other than the DocType Declaration. However, HTML5 comes with a plethora of additional attributes/properties and a few new tags. It also lends itself to working with js moreso that the other doctypes. There's hell of a lot more to it, but those are the bare bones as I see them.

Some attribute/properties are not supported by all browsers and older browsers may not support any of them. This shows a compatibility table for html5: http://caniuse.com/#cats=HTML5

HTML is latest version of HTML. In this Version HTML having <Audio></Audio> and <Video></Video> tags.
This tags allows audio and video files

Amol555, I'll just assume that first 'HTML' in your post was supposed to read HTML5?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.