/<foldername>/<script>
OR
<foldername>/<script>

Which of these two methods would be the correct method for CronJobs to access a script within a directory in the <root> directory or is there another method ? Since I can't access a folder within the <root>. I setup CronJobs for a script, CronJobs fired back this error today; /usr/local/cpanel/bin/jailshell: <directory>/<script>.php: Permission denied

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

CronJobs Error

I think you might have post this in the wrong section. It should be in PHP or Web Development section not CSS.

I assume you are doing something like this:

http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/other/scheduling-tasks-with-cron-jobs/

I setup CronJobs for a script, CronJobs fired back this error today; /usr/local/cpanel/bin/jailshell: <directory>/<script>.php: Permission denied

Set your .htaccess file so the CronJob will have access to the directory

This tutorial helps alot, my only problem was setting them up this should hopefully answer most, if not all of my questions :)

Member Avatar for LastMitch

my only problem was setting them up this should hopefully answer most, if not all of my questions :)

You haven't set it up yet? OK, to resolve that permission you need to set the htacess file and it will let the cron job access to the directory.

If you have issue setting it up then follow the tutorial

It is setup. I have to tell the HTACCESS file the right directory to access the file.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.