Do you know about this new term of " Responsive website design ", How it is beneficial for SEO work. Please let me know if you have any idea about it. Thanks in Advance !

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Responsive web design is a new trend nowadays and its a approach that suggests the design and development should respond to the user’s behavior & environment based on screen size, platform and orientation.

responsive design is that if you use any screen size th edesign is not disturb and user not need to scroll horizontally and it is related to design only SEO is other thing

As a quick example off the top of my head, see Luke Edwards's Website. Mainly watch the menu items when you resize your browser window. As arti18 said, it's got nothing to do with SEO - it only affects how the website is displayed on different screen sizes (think smartphones and tablets).
However, responsive design can be used in parallel with SEO to bring more visitors to your site - with your website looking good on more devices, you have a wider audience.

It would be ridiculous to build a site that does not optimize for browsers size and orientation as two thirds of the market is phone or tablet, and once you find a framework or system that works for you it’s not that difficult to implement this type of extra functionality.

You should also include QUALITY SEO techniques in all your work so adjustments can be made to increase ROI in the future.

I have also made websites that are apps (web apps) that can be launched form android and Apple so it makes sense to me to build in this way.

I have left a link to some of my work here to show what can be achieved.

http://www.re-spon-sive-web-design.co.uk/rwd-news/

Now a day, responsive design is need for every entrepreneur who are doing online business.

Responsive Web Design is a web design approach aimed to provide users an optimal user experience across wide range of devices.

Website with non-responsive web design means a separate url and html for each version requiring Google to crawl and index multiple versions of the same site. Unlike responsive websites who has the same url regardless of the device used, which makes it easier for google to crawl and index data.

How is Responsive Web Design beneficial for SEO?

Usefulness

When you have a mobile site that differs to your regular site, you'll frustrate returning visitors who are looking for the same thing that they found on your desktop version. In that case, your bounce rate will rise and your rankings will drop.

Responsive web design allows your visitors to see the same content on both desktop and mobile devices, therefore meeting users expectation and lessening bounce rate.

Mobile Search Ranking

According to Google, it "will rank websites with mobile versions higher in mobile searches" and "recommends responsive web design". Therefore, websites with RWD will rank too in mobile search as a site designed specifically for mobile.

Stronger backlink Profile

In responsive web designed websites, you will have the backlinks of your original site. And, as a mobile usage rises and webmasters start linking mobile sites, your back links from both mobile and desktop will make a stronger backlink profile.

Responsive websites provide continuity between different viewing contexts, remaining completely agnostic to the type of device used and the size of the screen it has.
Formore clearification kindly visit http://www.copyblogger.com/mobile-responsive-seo/

Responsive web design is a fluid grid design it gives the feature to adopt website for all screen sizes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.